Lost data

Hi, 

Looks like Evernote sometimes lose some data for some reason.

This is 2nd time I lost data for sure.  

1. 1st time was about a month ago, I copied and paste important personal information about one airline company. 

I tried to search this after few days later, but it didn't exist. 

2. It just happened last week. I wrote short journal every day. I wrote it last Thu & Fri. 

I have another spreadsheet on Google doc where I mark whenever I wrote a journal.

But I can't find this journal anymore. On Friday, I do remember that Thu one was there, so something happened which removed recent updates. 

Does anyone has similar experience?

It is becoming really frustrating. 

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, surfsky said:

Looks like Evernote sometimes lose some data for some reason.

I've lost data because of a syncing conflict;  
I updated a note on a device and neglected to sync.  The data was overwritten when I updated an earlier version on another device

There is currently a bug in the IOS software that corrupts note data.  I've had to recover the data from backups

Other than that, I haven't "lost" data on Evernote.
Even so, I maintain backups so I can recover if this happens

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, surfsky said:

I have not had that experience, not to say it didn't happen, just not to me.  

Have you tried searching for the note multiple ways, including in All Notes context?  I have accidentally deleted a tag in the past and the note wasn't where I expected it but appeared when I searched in a different way.

Same problem. Tried using the app last night and found that all my notes are GONE. Received an email that my devices were revoked. Need HELP! Need to upgrade to receive email support?! What a terrible app!!

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, ry650 said:

Same problem. Tried using the app last night and found that all my notes are GONE. Received an email that my devices were revoked. Need HELP! Need to upgrade to receive email support?! What a terrible app!!

First off, why would you use an app you consider terrible?

I can't see a situation where "all your notes are gone".  The most common cause is using the wrong userid/password

The master copy of your notes is maintained on the Evernote servers; you can use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to check your notes.

Can you post the email you received.  Not clear why your devices were revoked.  Even free accounts are allowed simultaneous access with two devices.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, ry650 said:

Why are you using an app you consider terrible? Also which platform/device? 

I can't see a situation where "all your notes are gone".  The most common cause is using the wrong userid/password

The master copy of your notes is maintained on the Evernote servers; you can use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to check your notes.

Can you post the email you received.  Not clear why your devices were revoked.  Even free accounts are allowed simultaneous access with two devices.

Archived