Drawing on windows ?

Defixen

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Defixen said:

Drawing on windows ?

I'm guessing your request is for annotating notes.

This is currently not supported by the Evernote editor, or file format (html)
I can't see this changing, it would require a major redesign

I'd advise switching to a different editor/format.  
I can convert a note to pdf format and annotate within Evernote (Mac/IPad; not sure of what's available on Windows)

If the request is to have an actual drawing in a note, I'd still recommend a different editor.  
There is a pen feature in IOS but I prefer to use Notability/Goodnotes or a dedicated drawing app and sync to Evernote in pdf format

• Level 5*

This used to exist back in 2006 or so when the Tablet PC existed that no one owned. 

And the reality today is touch use even in devices like the Surface Pro is astonishingly low, like <10%. That is a big reason the new MS Surface devices don't come with a pen. 

Evernote is use for web clipping, PDF storage. not for drawing , if you want to do some digital drawing work you can look for krita , SAI ,photoshop ...art programs .
I used to have a XP-Pen Star 06 drawing tablet work  with may dell laptop and that was one thing I really liked about the OneNote that I can start typing something in a note and then mark it up or hand write something in it with the digital Pen. 

When I am reviewing my notes in Evernote, sometimes I want to circle something (without the annotation tool) or hand write a note around a topic or even sketch something.

• Level 5

IPad Pro with Apple Pencil, Goodnotes 5, export to EN for permanent storage and search support.

Handwritten notes will come ready to EN with OCR from Goodnotes, which has a pretty damn good handwriting OCR engine. Even works with my handwriting ! And you can import any pdf quickly and easily into Goodnotes, annotate it in longhand and share it into EN with everything.

Personally I think even if it has improved, handwriting support still sucks in windows.