Notes don't appear on Android

Hello, I've been experiencing an issue the past few weeks --- notes that I've created on my Apple laptop computer simply don't appear on my Android version.

This is very frustrating, I don't have access to important content.

In order to eventually access that content on my Android, I have to go back to the Apple laptop, create a new note and copy the content of the other note into it. Then, when I sync the Android, it will appear, but after a while, it will disappear again.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, johnjohn38 said:

Hello, I've been experiencing an issue the past few weeks --- notes that I've created on my Apple laptop computer simply don't appear on my Android version.

This is very frustrating, I don't have access to important content.

In order to eventually access that content on my Android, I have to go back to the Apple laptop, create a new note and copy the content of the other note into it. Then, when I sync the Android, it will appear, but after a while, it will disappear again.

The sync process is      Laptop   <>   Server   <>   Android
The master copy of your notes is on the Evernote Servers

You can access the server using the web platform (www.evernote.com) to check if the note is disappearing there too

Also, unless you're using the offline notebook feature, your Android device uses the internet to access your notes on the server
Do you have internet service when your notes "disappear"

I don't spend much time troubleshooting by devices.  
My process is

1. Reboot the device; it often solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and reinstall

• Level 5*

Hi - pretty much what @DTLow said - but as additional information..  Mobile devices don't have a local database in the same way that desktop devices do.  Unless you have pre-defined and downloaded a notebook set for 'offline storage' (which is a paid subscriber feature) notes you view are merely held in temporary memory until that storage is needed for other things and the note is overwritten.  Which sounds like what's happening to you at the moment...

Archived