Evernote 6.5.4 Install

So I have had Evernote installed, I uninstalled it to get the new version, now I get this error saying Evernote can be found... I am running Windows 10 Pro. Installation went smoothly and when I go to the folder Program Files 86/Evernote/Evernote, the program is in fact there. I am very confused, I have tried to reinstall many many times. Any replies welcome. Thank You. 

Evernote.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Haven't seen this issue before..  what happens if you go to the folder and find the EXE file and right click.  Can you choose Send to Desktop (create shortcut)?  And if you do does that shortcut work?

If that doesn't leave you with a usable installation I'd suggest you uninstall everything you currently have via Programs.. and try again!

Still getting the same error, and I don't really have any conflicting applications installed. Also for the record I did try and install both versions of Evernote, the one from the Microsoft Store and getting the EXE directly from the website. 

Going to try and switch user accounts, add a local one and see if that makes any difference, will update. Thank you. 

Okay, so I have tried EVERYTHING I could think of.. Cleaned up the Programs folder, uninstalled what I didn't need, changed my user to a local account, made a new account, tried an older version... Nothing, I guess I am stuck using the web version, which is very inconvenient when offline... I don't know exactly the problem... 

• Level 5*

Last gasp, use Revo uninstaller or the like to totally remove any remnants of EN, then download the program from the EN web site and install again.  

Last, last gasp, if that does't work contact EN on twitter per the info at the top of the page.

Archived