Lock notebook

ALJ

Idea

Please allow us to lock individual notebooks with a pass code. I understand you can lock Evernote with a pass code but I am talking about locking individual notebooks and its associated notes from others.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, ALJ said:

Please allow us to lock individual notebooks with a pass code. I understand you can lock Evernote with a pass code but I am talking about locking individual notebooks and its associated notes from others.

This has been requested in other forums but when you say "lock" are you also looking for encryption?
I use encryption at the note level to protect sensitive data

Could you explain your use case for this feature?
Its not something I'd use; and would impact my html backups

The example I am talking about is simply stopping people that use my devices from seeing particular notes/notebooks. Encryption is not required. One way that I came up with was to go Evernote premium, then start another account and put a passcode on that account then switch from one account to the other as required. Would that do what I wanted?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, ALJ said:

The example I am talking about is simply stopping people that use my devices from seeing particular notes/notebooks.

I understand sharing devices, but I'd log out of my Evernote account.

In my case, Apple doesn't support multiple users on the iPad/iPhone.  Macs are multi-user friendly.  Each user has a userid/password and restricted access to "home" files

So it sounds like my plan should work because from what you said the protected content won't even be available on my iPhone but I will be able to access it on my mac. It just seems a convoluted solution to something that I thought would be an 'easy fix' by simply locking particular notes or a whole notebook.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, ALJ said:

So it sounds like my plan should work because from what you said the protected content won't even be available on my iPhone but I will be able to access it on my mac. It just seems a convoluted solution to something that I thought would be an 'easy fix' by simply locking particular notes or a whole notebook.

Your plan for separate accounts will work but seems complex.

My point was; don't share your Evernote account.  Log out before sharing the device.  That seems less complicated

Thanks DTLow but I want to allow other people using my devices to see most of my Evernote content. There are just a group of notes that I want to keep private.

Do you by chance know whether Evernote is considering allowing users to lock notes or a while notebook?

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, ALJ said:

Thanks DTLow but I want to allow other people using my devices to see most of my Evernote content. There are just a group of notes that I want to keep private.

Do you by chance know whether Evernote is considering allowing users to lock notes or a while notebook?

There's no indication from Evernote that they intend to implement a lock feature for notes or notebooks.

Further to your two account idea, I would have my personal account and a share account.  I'd then use the Notebook Share feature to make notes available to the share account

Archived