Copy Share URL resulting in error

I have been having issues lately trying to share notes via the URL's.  I am up to date in version.

When within the note, I click on "Share the Link" downdown, select Copy Share URL.  Then if I email it or try it myself I get and error message saying NOTE NOT FOUND.  I duplicated the note and tried - same.  The only way I can get the link to work is to copy and paste the entire note into a new note.  This has happened 3x now.  What is going on?

Christine

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, cmrooneypc said:

I have been having issues lately trying to share notes via the URL's.  I am up to date in version.

Can you give an example of the url you're using; 
browser   https://www.evernote.com/shard/s10/..., 
in app      evernote:///view/...

It might help if you identify your platform/device

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The share URL you get from choosing 'copy share URL' when within the note is exactly the same as when choosing from the Note List view via Share and Copy Shareable Link.  It opens in a browser window which has a 'dark view' option.

On the other hand the 'present on another screen' option - which is not a share and seems to take an age to load - has different top-right screen options without a 'dark' setting.

Share URL

594255f9c3413_ScreenClip9.png.063bf1c418217c98356ea66ebc85777a.png

Presentation Mode

594255f65d2a4_ScreenClip8.png.977ca514bdb1ddbbdc745ed99ddbcb08.png

In my case the 'share URL' link works fine.

You say you get the link to work if you copy and paste content into a new note - how was the original note created?  Via a clipping,  a drag-n-dropped file,  or a manual text note?

• Level 5*

Sorry - the comment on dark mode was a bit of a detour.  I was actually surprised that the note view for a note being 'presented' had different controls from the note that was shared.  The 'Moon' icon (from the share URL) changes the screen lighting so it's white text on a black background - which is a setup that some users have been wanting for years...

As to the source of the note,  I was wondering if it was possible that it contained some illegal characters that prevented it being shared.  Can't explain the problem otherwise.  Is this enough of a nuisance that you'd consider uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote to see if that helps?

Archived