If I share a note what exactly do they see?

Do they see my email address? Do they see any other information about me or my account other than the actual list? Does the link address tell them anything about me or my account?

I only want them to see the list I share and nothing else.   For example I might send them the link from a different email account than the one I set up Evernote with and don't want them to know the Evernote associated email. I also don't want them to be able to change the note. But I do want them to be able to copy and paste the note. Can someone please tell me how it works?

Thank you.

I was considering using Evernote but could someone release this question? If I don't feel secure in sharing a link this isn't going to work for me and I wanted to start using it today. Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  New posts to this mainly user-supported forum are subject to approval to avoid spam.  It can take 24 hours or so.  You've succeeded now.

As far as sharing is concerned,  how are you sharing?  By Work Chat / emailing a note / sending a public URL?  You can check what others will see by sending a share to yourself if you have another email address,  or can obtain a temporary one from,  say Gmail,  to send to.  If necessary you could use that email address to send on a copy note or a URL to others if you wish to avoid using your main address for the purpose.

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-06 at 3:46 AM, Alexx said:

Do they see my email address? Do they see any other information about me or my account other than the actual list? Does the link address tell them anything about me or my account?

I use the link feature to share notes and my impression is that it's simply a URL and doesn't provide any other information.

I am planning on copying the link address and emailing it to people from an email not associated with my Evernote account but I'll try the suggestion of sending the link directly from Evernote to another address I have. (To see exactly what they would see for myself).  It would be a lot easier to send things that way. Thanks gazumped & DTLow. Sorry for being a whiner in my last 2 comments. :(

Archived