koochkooch

Evernote iPhone App speed with large database of notes

I am deciding whether to switch from iPhone notes to Evernote. Obviously Evernote allows far better organisation of notes, but before I start creating thousands upon thousands of notes I want to know that I won't have any issues with speed of the Evernote app on my iphone after having large volumes of data. I have seen posts from 2015 about the scalability issue with the Evernote app, and this was the issue with the Google keep app, where I had hundreds of notes and images which caused the app to become essentially unusable on my iPhone. By the time it would finish loading, I would have lost my train of thought and become unable to capture the thought on the app. I want to know whether people have had similar issues with the Evernote app before I start devoting hours into creating notes only to have the app become essentially useless on my phone.  

The current release of the IOS version, 8.2.2, runs quickly for me.  I have just short of 26,000 synced notes at this point.  I do not use offline notebooks on the phone since I am rarely without an internet connection.  The 8.0 version was painfully slow, but EN addressed those issues.  YMMV.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, koochkooch said:

I want to know that I won't have any issues with speed of the Evernote app on my iphone after having large volumes of data.

Be aware that the iPhone is simply a device to access your notes stored on the Evernote servers; via the internet

There is an paid option for Offline Notebooks, but by default minimum data is stored on your phone.

This means that access is quite fast.  I have 10k notes without an access problem.

• Like 1