Gotham font ugly at default 14pt size

jyc23

The default Gotham font renders really nastily at the default 14pt size in the web client for me. I'm running Windows 10, latest version. Chrome or Firefox browser - same issue. Basically, at 14pt, some details of the font render really chunkily which is really ugly. My screen is a standard DPI screen (not one of those HiDPI / Retina screens). At 18pt, the font looks fine. At 12pt, it's thin and hard to read. Methinks the font is poorly hinted for screen ...

Is there any way to fix this? Can I change the default web font as a workaround? 

940b538a-4f42-47ef-a045-81abb2546f8f.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree this font is ugly and often erroneous. For example, it shows small 'i' in bold as capital 'I'. Terrible. Evernote team, please do something about. Fonts for iOS/ Mac apps look great - just use them.

CaptureEN.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had the same problem when I accessed Evernote on a Win 10 machine on Chrome. Was able to select all the text and make Verdana. Gotham still looks just the same.  Would be nice if they fixed this. 

What kind of sucks though is ALL my other notes I made in Evernote using Gotham on a Mac for the last 5+ years look poor on a PC since they were written with Gotham. I bounce between platforms, one of the awesome things of Evernote, but if this keeps being an issue I may swap over to Google docs... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

+1 to this. Gothic is horrible in the web view. I'm having to manually change everything to Verdana for every note I create. Looks especially bad when I load Evernote up in a meeting and it's seen on a projection/TV display.

• 5 weeks later...

+1. Need to either change your default font to a common web safe font(Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, TNR, comic sans jk), Set different defaults based on device type, let the user set their own default font and size OR

wait for it..........

All of the above!

Please.

I want to switch over to Evernote completely.

Do this for us, and you will earn a premium member.

Or hire me to code it for you in exchange for a lifetime premium membership. Either is good with me.

Please ?

Capture.JPG

Looks like they have a solution for Windows.  Here's a clip:

Hi

I'm sorry you are facing issues with your Evernote. My name is Margarida, I'm a member of the Evernote Expertise Network. We are experienced Evernote users who assist the Support Staff by helping out fellow Evernote users in the community. 

Have you tried changing the default font setting on your Evernote on windows? To change the default font on Windows, please go to Tools > Options > Note. 

However, browser still appears to be Gotham.  Have a question in.  Will post here if I hear back.

• 1 month later...

My issue seems to be gone.  My default browser font is now called 'default' and gotham is gone from my options, thankfully. 'default' looks just fine. It may be because I changed my default font in the Windows app.

BTW - I never did hear back from anyone, but the fix seems to be in ????

Archived