Very slow on chrome

Danjb

Hi,

I'm using evernote on Chrome & Windows 10.

Recently (since the new interface) evernote now doesn't load for sometimes 2 or 3 minutes, and sometimes not at all. I have to refresh the page using F5 a few times for it to work in this case.

Subsequently, and this may or may not be linked, my evernote phone app now continuously corrupts and has to rebuilt the database at least once per day. This has only started happening this week and the slow issue started about 2 months ago or so.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I used to use evernote a lot now I can't use it at all

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK the Web app hasn't changed recently or materially,  though Chrome might have - browser software gets updated pretty often.  Evernote not 'loading' sounds odd - do you have a reasonably fast and stable internet connection?  If you don't see the page at all without refreshing,  could there be firewall or ad-blocker issues?

As to the phone app - is this an Android or an Apple phone?

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue started a few months ago, I've just been sidestepping by using the app until now. The connection and hardware definitely isn't the issue, core i7, 8gb ram, 80mbit connection. I wondered if there was a chrome extension that is causing the issue but there doesn't seem to be anything for me to re-install.

The app is on android. perhaps uninstalling and re-installing might fix it? Any other suggestion?

Kind Regards

Daniel

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Danjb said:

The app is on android. perhaps uninstalling and re-installing might fix it? Any other suggestion?

Yup.  Uninstall / restart / reinstall - about the only teching possible on a mobile device.

• 2 months later...

I have encountered a similar situation.  I'm also running Windows 10 and Chrome, and found that the Evernote web app rendered extremely slowly, though much faster in Firefox on the same machine.  I experienced the same thing on a second PC, albeit with the exact same configuration in Chrome.  

My workaround:  I've set evernote.com to clear cookies on exit.  I have to log in every session, and I wouldn't say it's as fast as Firefox, but it doesn't freeze up.

• 7 months later...

When I'm using Firefox. Safari or Opera, Evernote.com is very speedy.  But when I use Chrome Mac (my primary browser), it is sloooooow. 

Sometimes the page (after login) does't render at all, and I have to refresh the page once, or even several times, to get it to render.

Any solutions found for this issue?

Archived