Database corrupted message

Go to solution Solved by Matt W.,

Evernote app for Android keeps sending me a message, that database was corrupted, and that it is going to do a new sync. Well, database seems to be OK. But next time I open my phone, I'm getting this message again. Any idea? Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried uninstalling the app,  restarting your device and reinstalling?  Not sure how you have a database on a mobile device unless it relates to one or more offline searchable notebooks?  Notes aren't downloaded to mobile devices unless the user opts otherwise.

• Like 1

Thank you, gazumped, I'll try reinstalling it. I suppose, some of my notes are offline, as well as the whole "directory". Whole notebooks weren't downloaded, I'm not a premium user.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Offline notes are a premium feature - all you should have on the device is a search index,  plus temporary copies of anything you edit  - which will be overwritten when synced back to the server. 

If a reinstall doesn't fix this,  and you have plenty of internal memory available for storage,  I'd suggest you raise it with Support - You can reach out to them directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, hotigris said:

Evernote app for Android keeps sending me a message, that database was corrupted, and that it is going to do a new sync. Well, database seems to be OK. But next time I open my phone, I'm getting this message again. Any idea? Thank you!

As per @gazumped, I'd recommend starting fresh;

1. - reboot the device
  2. - delete and reinstall the app, database ...

I don't spend a lot of time debugging my devices
The master copy of my data is stored on the Evernote servers (except for Local Notebooks and unsynced notes)

• Level 5*

I saw this over the weekend. I first tried logging out of my account, and logging back in. That didn't fix it. Then I shut down the device completely, and restarted. That seemed to work, but I need to make sure that my offline notebooks are stable as well. That could take a bit of time syncing.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, jefito said:

I saw this over the weekend. I first tried logging out of my account, and logging back in. That didn't fix it. Then I shut down the device completely, and restarted. That seemed to work, but I need to make sure that my offline notebooks are stable as well. That could take a bit of time syncing.

My sympathy for the aggravation - is this on the beta,  or the current release?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

My sympathy for the aggravation - is this on the beta,  or the current release?

7.11 GA

Seems to be better now.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

And if EN was preinstalled?  I am forced to run the baseline version that came with my phone (Note 4) ... every time I upgrade I get a looping error saying it can't read/write the db file, yet the base version has no issues.  This only started after I opted out of beta (which I note your systems still haven't completed doing over 24 hours later)