Please give option to move job-finished notes into archive

americanmylove

Idea

Hello.

I use evernote to keep track of my to do works. And I have plenty of notes or so keep displaying on the screen. It messed everything up. Many of works I have done and the notes I want to hide from the displaying. I don't want to permanently deleting them but just remove them from the list I'm seeing. Could you give the option to move these into archiving, so when there is a finished job I done, I will remove them and moving them into the archive folder, the list will be tidier. When time I want to have a seeing them, I just open the archive folder to see those works I finished. It will be a great job.

Thank you for your time.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  We've discussed archiving and backups at length before,  with options from creating an Archive stack into which you move notes/ notebooks - all of which is quite feasible from the current app (up to the maximum number of 250 notebooks per account).  Or,  if you don't normally need to see or search the content,  exporting those notebooks to ENEX files to be restored later,  or imported into a second Archive account so they remain searchable on demand.

You can also exclude some words from searches with the " - " symbol,  so something along the lines of "intitle:invoices intitle:<client 11> -intitle:<client 2>" would exclude that client from the hits.

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-26 at 0:59 AM, americanmylove said:

Many of works I have done and the notes I want to hide from the displaying.

How do you identify your "done" notes

I use the reminder feature, and exclude completed tasks from my task list search by adding    
    -reminderDoneTime:*
You can also use a similar parameter for tags or checkboxes

52 minutes ago, DTLow said:

How do you identify your "done" notes

"Done" notes are notes I have finished working with. It contains the jobs I finished and no need anymore. I don't continue working on these but I want to archive them for future reviewing or something something.

I'm a simple user and I do not want to complicate the stuff. I have problems with those programming-like commands.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, americanmylove said:

"Done" notes are notes I have finished working with. It contains the jobs I finished and no need anymore. I don't continue working on these but I want to archive them for future reviewing or something something.

I'm a simple user and I do not want to complicate the stuff. I have problems with those programming-like commands.

You are requesting Evernote to move your "done" notes.  

You need to think about how you'll identify them as "done". Simply saying "I have finished working with" doesn't work

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, americanmylove said:

No, I will do it by hand. I'll right click on a note I finished with and mark it as "done" or by choosing "move to archive " if there is available option.

I use the "completed" option with the reminder feature

We need to implement the flip side for this; a toggle for lists to be displayed with/without "done" items

Archived