How to turn off Link Prompt when hovering on text that contains link

Khuong93

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is a way to turn off the feature in which Evernote Web prompt a link for me to click on whenever my mouse is hovering over the text that is embedded of that link.

If there is no way to turn it off yet, I will create a product feedback. This feature really annoys me when I have many nearby texts that contain link. The link boxes keep prompting and I cannot work with my note.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I will update with a screenshot.

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer is - no.  My texts aren't so full of links that I ever noticed this as a problem.  Could you attach a screenshot so we can see exactly what's going on here?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree - this is really annoying for me too.

It never actually helps. It only ever gets in the way - eg. if I'm trying to select part of the text that is the link - or even just moving my mouse briefly over the link on the way to click on the line below for example - I end up clicking on the link in the popup which suddenly appears under where I'm about to click. Made even worse by the fact that Evernote can lose your updates or your place as when you click 'back' on the (also annoying "Are you sure you want to leave evernote" screen) - it doesn't always go back to the note you were editing before.

I'd rather they just appeared as normal hyperlinks...what's wrong with normal HTML? Or not at all...they are more often than not links that I didn't really want turning into hyperlinks anyway!

Archived