What if the notes in the list were colored?

Mirko Lamberti

Idea

Hi, I've got a lot of notes in the same "folder" and sometimes I can't find quickly the important note watching the list.

It's true that I am not accustomed to put tag and other text plus the text in the note, so I don't use tags.

What if the note could be tagged with colors too? It can be one color, so all the line of the note in the list (or title) could be colored in that color, or can be more than one color, so in this case a column can display the different colours. 

3 replies to this idea

15 hours ago, Mirko Lamberti said:

Hi, I've got a lot of notes in the same "folder" and sometimes I can't find quickly the important note watching the list.

It's true that I am not accustomed to put tag and other text plus the text in the note, so I don't use tags.

What if the note could be tagged with colors too? It can be one color, so all the line of the note in the list (or title) could be colored in that color, or can be more than one color, so in this case a column can display the different colours. 

I like this idea — Especially Google Keep's method of coloring the note snippets. If they could be tied into tags somehow, they'd be onto something. Tag something as "important" and suddenly your note is red!

Cursor_and_Google_Keep.png

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Mirko Lamberti said:

What if the note could be tagged with colors too?

Colour note titles aren't supported, however emoji are (Mac/IOS)
For example      Important Note ?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DTLow said:

Colour note titles aren't supported, however emoji are (Mac/IOS)
For example      Important Note ?

Not a bad idea.  I just tested it in EN Mac 6.9.2 using this ‼️, and it worked OK:
(the emoji is not showing in color in this forum, but it does in EN Mac)
2017-05-26_13-15-02.png.a07f00b889ee84c2bd97ccdf75d41b1f.png

• A general search worked
  • But a intitle: search failed.
  • Correction: After I added a SPACE after the emoji, the intitle: search worked.
  • And this emoji shows here: ❗️

Archived