Does Evernote do this?

Kinnon

Hello,

I am attempting to use Evernote to organize my files and need some help.

I am a pastor attempting to catalog and organize my past and future sermons. They are written documents and what I would like to do is highlight quotes, stories, statistics, etc. tag them appropriately, and have them automatically added to a master file of quotes. Is there anyway to tag and organize portions of a document without simply copying and pasting over and over?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Kinnon said:

have them automatically added to a master file of quotes

I could probably script this on my Mac

I'm seeing selecting some text, then launching the script
A new note is created in the Quotes section (Notebook/Tag)
- Title would be the selected text
- Contents include a link to the sermon note

Note: the tags and links are at the note level; we can't do portions of a note

• Level 5*

Actually I would have thought that Evernote's search feature would satisfy the requirement.

19 hours ago, Kinnon said:

highlight quotes, stories, statistics, etc. tag them appropriately, and have them automatically added to a master file of quotes.

Rather than cutting and pasting or tagging one sermon with a few dozen options,  it should be possible to search the body of notes for all topics including one or more keywords.

When the list of notes found with suitable matches is found,  the keywords should be highlighted in the body of the text.

If you then read through the notes you should be able to see all the comments you have made on that/ those subjects without further action.  Not quite so convenient as a list of quotes on one topic,  but not bad for no work.

If you have documents or notes you intend to save that shouldn't be mined for quotes or stats,  make sure they go into a different notebook / notebooks so they can be excluded from the search.

Archived