Searching by Location

I suspect the answer to this is obvious, but I can't see how to search by location either in Windows or on an iphone. I thought there was an Atlas feature so I could see all notes taken in a particular place, but just don't seem able to locate that feature. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Mac users seem to have some options in Descriptive Search - https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/01/31/5-tips-find-notes-faster-evernotes-advanced-search/

...but Windows users aren't so well served.

There's an Address field in list view (click the heading row to see optional extras) which will show the location of any notes you saved with the location feature enabled on mobile.

I don't think you can search on 'address' however (tried- failed: ymmv)

Advanced search includes lat and long - and altitude too...  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

Wasn't there previously a highly promoted feature called Atlas that showed a map with all relevant notes in particular locations? Did they really remove this feature?

• 10 months later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, lhenze said:

Evernote, is there any plan to bring this back?

Hi.  This is a (mostly) user-supported forum,  and while Evernote staffers do read these posts as general feedback,  they rarely comment - and the company has a general policy not to comment on future plans;  so your guess is as good as ours. 

The 'Atlas' feature was removed some time ago.  It's still possible to list notes by location on a desktop,  where that detail was recorded with the note.  See List view and add the Address,  or City, State, Country (in that,  or the reverse,  order) columns by right-clicking on the column title row.

I hadn't thought to test it out until now,  but searching by "address:<keywords>" doesn't seem to work on this field.  A bit of research with the search grammar might yield a working term.  It would be possible to search for a tag - say <hotel> - to list all hotels and then sort the location column in ascending or descending order.  All notes from the same region would then be listed together...

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

there is an App ‚IdeaPlaces‘ to provide something similar to Atlas. I‘ve the App and use use it from time to time. It works.

Atlas actually pegged notes to an outline map,  which I don't think IdeaPlaces can do,  can it?  And IIRC the 'idea' of IdeaPlaces is to get reminders when you're at or close to a location,  which is different from sorting or finding notes by that location...  but good point;  it is another location-based solution.

Archived