Very odd problem e-mailing notes. Help?

Every day, I save a lot of articles into Evernote and e-mail them to colleagues. This has become a significant part of our workflow. Everyone receives whole articles except (of course) the guy who needs them most. He used to, but lately all he gets is the title, URL, and a few lines of the text. The articles go out as part of an address list, not separately, so he should be receiving exactly what everyone else does. When sharing his screen this afternoon, the notes looked vertically compressed, but this may have been an artifact of the Skype connection.

My best guess is that he has accidentally changed an obscure setting, but I have no idea what. He recently switched to a Mac after decades with Windows machines and is not yet comfortable with it. The chance of error seems high.

Second best is that an obscure incompatibility between the Windows and Mac versions of Evernote has crept into recent revisions. It seems much less likely.

If any of this sounds familiar, I'd love to know what we are dealing with and how to fix it. All ideas eagerly sought.

Many thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short term work-around (in case it helps) is to send a public link to the note that your colleague can't see,  so s/he can open it in a browser.  If that opens in a restricted view,  it appears to be a browser / Mac issue that you're suffering from and not one with which we necessarily have any experience.

Longer term,  you may wish to  remove your colleague's email from the share,  exit Evernote and then restart and reinstate it.  Maybe refreshing the share will help force a full sync of the new note content.

For the moment, I am just copying the article into e-mail and sending it manually.

The addresses aren't a permanent mailing list, as the recipients vary from one message to the next. I do occasionally turn off Evernote, so I think you've found the answer. It's a Mac problem. Will try sending the public link for confirmation.

Many thanks.

Archived