Can't Share A Note

Hi Folks,

I have two Evernote accounts (for testing purposes). However, I can't share a note between the two accounts. When I try to do so, Evernote hangs and I needs to force quit it. On the web version, I get a message that says: Sorry we couldn't send your chat, please try again in a moment.

I suspect this is related to the fact that account #1 had one address that was then changes to a different address. I then used the original address to create account #2. I can share to others, but I want to get a sense of the experience so I can train my coworkers.

Thanks for any help you can provide. It is unfortunate that Basic account members can't email support directly.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote uses the email address of an account to identify it in share and chat situations,  so yes - effectively 'moving' one address between two accounts might have messed with its recognition a bit.  Contacting support as a Basic user is not quick,  but you can do so via Twitter @EvernoteHelps if you wish.

Will you be wanting to share notes purely as read-only information,  or as editable text?  Read-only access is pretty straightforward - send a public link,  and the note will be visible in a browser. 

If you wish to set up a more interactive connection,  you need to use the Work Chat systems - these are the help pages for that... Quick start for Work Chat

Thanks for the reply.

It doesn't seem to make sense to report a bug that crashes the software to the company via public means (but, I guess this is public...). It makes even less sense to force me to upgrade to a paid account to report a crashing bug, specifically while I am evaluating the software as a solution for our business. I hope some support people are reading this.

And thanks for the hint about Work Chat - but I fear that the sharing issue is getting in the way of this happening.

Since this is happening for both the desktop and the web versions, I suspect that the issue resides in the online sharing mechanism. Probably something that they will have to look for. In the meantime, I will try some other testing.

Thanks again.

Archived