Fully functional 'Undo' action

Pandaar

Idea

I really love Evernote and I use it all day everyday, but one of my biggest concerns is that I'll accidentally delete a tag or a notebook, and not be able to undo such an action.

If hundreds of notes have been given that tag, it becomes a near-impossible process to find and re-tag those notes. The potential risk is that I will ruin my Evernote database, and even if I have backed it up in the last week/weeks, I will lose any notebook structure, as well as any new notes and edits made within that week.

Adding an undo action that can revert any change, rather than just text edits, would greatly reduce the downtime that such a mistake could incur.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You didn't mention which Evernote client you are referring to (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web), but in the Windows client, you get an "Are you sure?" prompt when you try to delete either a notebook or a tag (the latter is distinct from removing a tag from a particular note). Notes from a deleted notebook are moved to the Trash, where it's pretty easy to identify them. 

Hi Jefito,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you're right on Windows you get a prompt, however it is possible to click the box and prevent the prompt ever coming up again (requiring a reinstall of Evernote to get the prompt back again).

Even if the prompt does pop up, I delete tags all the time, and one careless misclick could mean the deletion of the wrong tag.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:55 PM, Pandaar said:

Adding an undo action that can revert any change, rather than just text edits, would greatly reduce the downtime that such a mistake could incur.

When I use Evernote on my phone (via the Evernote app), there are times when I accidentally delete important information from a note. For example, I try to hightlight part of the note (to copy & paste or to change the formatting) and I inadvertently type a random letter. How do I get all of that information back? There is no "ctrl-z" like there is on a windows computer. Help!