How to show Recent Notes

At some point the Recent Notes section disappeared and I can not figure out how to bring it back. I'm on OSX with version 6.3.

I read one thread that suggested it would be under View > Sidebar Options, but it is not listed there for me. The only options are: Notebooks, Tags, Atlas, Work Chat, New Chat, Hide Recent Chats, and Use Light Sidebar.

The recent notes section saved me a lot of time and it would be great to have back. Thanks for you help.

I upgraded to version 6.11 and am still missing that option. Here's a screen shot of what it currently looks like. Any idea why I have different options while running the same version?

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 4.34.56 PM.png

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, ads said:

Any idea why I have different options while running the same version?

Could it be the width of your sidebar.  If it's minimized to a narrow width, you can only see icons

You were right, widening the sidebar brought the options back. Thanks for your help.

This is really terrible design on Evernote's part, to make options disappear with no indication of why or how. Showing the options grayed out with a tooltip explaining why would be far better.

• 9 months later...

I have the same identical problem with not having the option to display recent notes.  This is very frustrating, I had it before now it is gone.  Don't know when, know it's been a while and I just now decided to see if there was a solution.  Does anyone know why this is?  Actually I just found "recent notes" under "shortcuts" there are "shortcuts" and "recent notes" if the label is toggled.  Ug...stupid.  Why put recent notes under shortcuts when it is still called recent notes and is a separate grouping.  Not linear, not logical, not good.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, elfthe said:

I have the same identical problem with not having the option to display recent notes.  This is very frustrating, I had it before now it is gone.  Don't know when, know it's been a while and I just now decided to see if there was a solution.  Does anyone know why this is?  

Are you running v7?   5aab215c43e30_ScreenShot2018-03-15at18_42_17.png.892022861d5dc1675bd7593acd612f58.png
The Recent  Notes List has been moved to the bottom of the shortcut list.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, elfthe said:

Ug...stupid.  Why put recent notes under shortcuts when it is still called recent notes and is a separate grouping.  Not linear, not logical, not good.

Just to be clear, you're talking about a shortcut; links to recent notes.

Granted, however being a good puppy I have been well trained that shortcuts and recent notes are two separate categories listed separately under the sidebar options where notebooks are also arguably shortcuts with their own separate little heading and toggle which reveals all the links to the notebooks.  Also under the shortcuts heading recent notes has it's own personal separate heading.  Just like notebooks does except notebooks is an upper level shortcut category not nested under shortcuts and is therefore highly visible.  I don't see recent notes unless I have the inspiration to toggle shortcuts.  For my little brain the most logical solution would be for recent notes (in all it's shortcutness) to have it's own upper level heading right out there with the big boys.    

Archived