Where can I find instructions on how to view scannable output?

JonoL

Can someone please help. Where can I find simple step by step instructions? I have scans i took on my ipad but how do I see them on my PC? I have synced my ipad & PC but what I see on my ipad I cant see on my PC. There are no instructions on anything anywhere. Do I really have to pay for a subscription in order to get some support?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Can someone please help. I have been tearing my hair out over this for over 7 hours. Where can I find simple step by step instructions? I have scans i took on my ipad but how do I see them on my PC? I have synced my ipad & PC but what I see on my ipad I cant see on my PC. There are no instructions on anything anywhere. Do I really have to pay for a subscription in order to get some support?

We're a user discussion forum but can try to help out

You did some scans with the Scanable app.  

Did you save to Evernote? This uploads the scans to the Evernote servers

Are you looking at the scans in the Evernote app on your iPad?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Oh yes I did that. I see the scans in Evernote on my ipad but not when I log into Evernote on my windows PC.

How about checking the Evernote servers using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

Make sure you're using the same userid/password

OK thanks very much.... that worked but the scans are really poor. Very grainy. They looked great on the ipad. Do you know how to scan at a higher resolution? They all appear as page 1 page 2 page 3 etc. Why is that?

Another problem I have is in the quick start it says images are added to your scan tray but doesnt say how to find the scan tray? Also says single page scans are saved as an image and multi page scans are saved as PDF files. Does that mean one scan is an image but if I do more than one it's a PDF?

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, JonoL said:

OK thanks very much.... that worked but the scans are really poor. Very grainy. They looked great on the ipad. Do you know how to scan at a higher resolution? 

That just might be the web; the might be better  on your  Pc

Is syncing working for other notes?  If you  make changes on the web or iPad, are  they synced to your pc?

>>They all appear as page 1 page 2 page 3 etc. Why is that?

In Scannable, you have Settings for single page PDFs or separate jpeg files

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

That just might be the web; the might be better  on your  Pc

Is syncing working for other notes?  If you  make changes on the web or iPad, are  they synced to your pc?

>>They all appear as page 1 page 2 page 3 etc. Why is that?

In Scannable, you have Settings for single page PDFs or separate jpeg files

Does that mean one scan is an image but if I do more than one it changes to PDF files?

No it's the other way around...on the ipad they look great but on my PC they look rubbish.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, JonoL said:

how to find the scan tray?

The scan tray is at the bottom of the Scannable screenIMG_1675.PNG.c55fbc44df403b36a28f7e0fd6c694bf.PNG

>>Also says single page scans are saved as an image and multi page scans are saved as PDF files. Does that mean one scan is an image but if I do more than one it's a PDF?

You have a choice in settings

1. Automatic
  2. PDF <- Always
  3. Image <- Always

OK thanks but the quick help guide says otherwise. It says "by default single page scans are saved as an image & milti page scans are saved as a single PDF. Did you know that? A single scan has to be saved after every scan whereas if I do more than one scan without saving it the they are all saved as PDFs. And the quality seems to be pretty low.

Archived