Can I auto save jpeg images in bulk?

JonoL

Hi, I hope someone can help me soon as I need to return the ipad I just bought if it doesnt do the job. I've only got 14 days left to see if I can get this to work. I want to auto save jpeg or png images in bulk...but is that possible? I want to save multiple images transfer them to my PC to upload to eBay. Is there a work around? I have never used an ipad before so I dont lnow how to save the images to the HD & I can't see any of my uploads on Evernote yet is says I have used up half of my space? Please help...getting a bit desperate. I can sign in to my evernote account on my PC but not on my Ipad! Says wrong password but it's 100% definitely not the wrong password. Very frustrating that there is no UK phone support but there is in USA. UK citizens are not worth helping? :)

• Level 5

If you have a lot of photos, Evernote is not the best choice to manage them. As you have already found out, photos take up a lot of space in Evernote, especially if you are using the free version.

A service designed for pictures, like Google Photo would be a better option. And as an added bonus, all photos stored on your hard drive will automatically be uploaded to Google Photo - that is a huge benefit. You can use the individual links to paste into eBay.

Thanks for the reply! :) I'm a bit confused though because I dont have any photos to access so how can they take up any space?  Either way my main concern is auto saving images as jpeg or png fliles in bulk & storing them somewhere that I can easily access them in order to upload to eBay.

All photos need to be uploaded using eBay's listing template or whatever they call it. Pasting links on eBay is not how it's done nowadays. It's against eBay rules as they move towards more mobile friendly listings.

• Level 5*

I use an iPad to access my Evernote data. By default, little data is maintained on the device, your notes are accessed through the internet.

Its not clear what you mean by "auto save jpeg images in bulk"

Where are you saving the images from?

>>Very frustrating that there is no UK phone support but there is in USA

Where did you get the idea tha Evernote offered phone support in the US

Like I said before. I have no images saved anywhere AFAIK.

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I use an iPad to access my Evernote data. By default, little data is maintained on the device, your notes are accessed through the internet.

Its not clear what you mean by "auto save jpeg images in bulk"

Where are you saving the images from?

>>Very frustrating that there is no UK phone support but there is in USA

Where did you get the idea tha Evernote offered phone support in the US

Like I said before. I have no images saved anywhere AFAIK.

I dont know what you mean by "your notes".

I want to take scans & have them saved to a place I can access them without having to rename or move them one at a time.

I am using an Ipad

Thought I had seen a phone number for US support. Shame there isnt one.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, JonoL said:

I dont know what you mean by "your notes".

You are posting in a forum for the Evernote product.
Your data is stored as notes; images/pdfs are stored as attachments to a note

hello,

if you are unfamiliar with an iPad and the Apple world, why not use an Android device with a good lens and enough storage capacity?

For photo taking I would not use a larger sized pad but a mobile phone or a real camera.

3 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

hello,

if you are unfamiliar with an iPad and the Apple world, why not use an Android device with a good lens and enough storage capacity?

For photo taking I would not use a larger sized pad but a mobile phone or a real camera.

I bought an ipad specifically to use scannable. The auto correction feature does not exist or work properly in any other app. Scannable has ignored Android users so I had to buy an Ipad. Not ideal for me as it cost me £325 but there you have it. Believe me I know nothing else works which is why I spent £325. Just need someone to tell me how to save multiple jpeg or png files in bulk but nobody seems to want to answer that question so I can only assume it's an embarrassment for evernote fans to admit that it can't save files as jpeg or png without hitting the save button after every scan. Correct me if I am wrong & I hope I am wrong.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You had a lively discussion about this in the other thread - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/81435-how-to-save-scan-as-jpeg/?page=2#comment-466126

Scannable will save multiple images and provide aspect ration correction,  but it's designed by Evernote to capture and store content in for other purposes than simply taking an image.  While it is possible to do so I'd imagine that it might be impractical to take multiple picture and export / retitle / upload them.  You would have to get familiar with Evernote to know how to do so,  and the best way to do that is to test the process out.  If you're unable to work out how to do that,  we can't really help - this is a user-supported forum and we don't understand exactly what your use case involves.

It does sound like you need a much simpler app,  and you might want to look at Microsoft Office Lens which also has some correction factors built in.  See https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/office-lens/id975925059?mt=8 for more on that.

If you want to take the iPad back,  Lens is available on Android too.  The standard Evernote basic (free) account also includes a camera function which would take a picture,  or pictures in JPG and add them to a note.  The same pictures can be saved to the camera roll on the device,  and could be uploaded from there.  Saving them to a note would give you a record of the date on which the pictures were taken and uploaded.

The Evernote for Android camera can take pictures at various resolutions from web-ready to HD,  and does apply some correction,  though not (AFAIK) in aspect ratio.  Other apps like Lightroom and Photoshop would probably do that if necessary.

Beware that Evernote does have restrictions on the basic account - maximum note size is 25MB and that might limit you to less than a dozen pictures in one note,  depending on the resolution.  You could increase that up to 200MB with a subscription.

There's no off the peg service for your needs,   but you may be able to find the right mix of device and applications to fit the bill.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You had a lively discussion about this in the other thread - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/81435-how-to-save-scan-as-jpeg/?page=2#comment-466126

Scannable will save multiple images and provide aspect ration correction,  but it's designed by Evernote to capture and store content in for other purposes than simply taking an image.  While it is possible to do so I'd imagine that it might be impractical to take multiple picture and export / retitle / upload them.  You would have to get familiar with Evernote to know how to do so,  and the best way to do that is to test the process out.  If you're unable to work out how to do that,  we can't really help - this is a user-supported forum and we don't understand exactly what your use case involves.

It does sound like you need a much simpler app,  and you might want to look at Microsoft Office Lens which also has some correction factors built in.  See https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/office-lens/id975925059?mt=8 for more on that.

If you want to take the iPad back,  Lens is available on Android too.  The standard Evernote basic (free) account also includes a camera function which would take a picture,  or pictures in JPG and add them to a note.  The same pictures can be saved to the camera roll on the device,  and could be uploaded from there.  Saving them to a note would give you a record of the date on which the pictures were taken and uploaded.

The Evernote for Android camera can take pictures at various resolutions from web-ready to HD,  and does apply some correction,  though not (AFAIK) in aspect ratio.  Other apps like Lightroom and Photoshop would probably do that if necessary.

Beware that Evernote does have restrictions on the basic account - maximum note size is 25MB and that might limit you to less than a dozen pictures in one note,  depending on the resolution.  You could increase that up to 200MB with a subscription.

There's no off the peg service for your needs,   but you may be able to find the right mix of device and applications to fit the bill.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Thanks you so much for your highly professional reply.....Please unGazump me!

OK here we go

I have tried Easy Scanner, Office Lens, Memories, Scanbot, Genius Scan, Pic Scanner but they all crop off the edges of the image unlike Scannable. Let me explain in detail. Maybe I should have done this at the start.

I sell large format newspapers on eBay. Buyers need to see the edges where damage occurs rather than a cropped image. Scannable detects shadows so I can lay a newspaper on a white sheet board & it is sensitive enough to detect the slightest shadow so I have a straight image cropped perfectly alligned with a pure white background. No editing is needed. It cuts the creation of images ready for ebay down from a few minutes to a second per image Using photoshop cropping, alligning, & getting a pure white background takes about 2-5 minutes an image depending on light conditions. I have tried every other app & only scannable can do this job because it can be tricked into adding the pure white background as it crops off the shadow every time. This would be an invaluable tool for eBay if only someone had the insight to see it. Getting a square image in proportion/unskewed is hard work & time consuming. Scannable isn't available for my Android phone like many other similar apps. This is why I spent £325 on an ipad!

Re-naming every image before saving is a pain as I only use the images. There is no need to rename them & I would delete them once uploaded to eBay. Is there a way to save without naming each image? Can it not be saved as a default number?

I have been told on the other post that I can not save jpegs to the HD. What is camera roll? I thought that was based within the software? Is save to camera roll basically saving to ipad?

Thanks again fo such a great response! :)

• Level 5
5 hours ago, JonoL said:

All photos need to be uploaded using eBay's listing template or whatever they call it. Pasting links on eBay is not how it's done nowadays. It's against eBay rules as they move towards more mobile friendly listings.

You can copy and paste full-frame pictures (and scanned images) directly from Google Photo onto the eBay template. Based on your comments to gaz and the large number of photos you are processing, I don't think Evernote is a viable solution.

43 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

You can copy and paste full-frame pictures (and scanned images) directly from Google Photo onto the eBay template. Based on your comments to gaz and the large number of photos you are processing, I don't think Evernote is a viable solution.

It doesn't make sense to say it is not a viable solution when there is no alternative?

What are full framed pictures?

If I knew how to get a picture into google Photo I could do the job.

Why are you assuming there are large amounts of photos? I'm only doing 20 odd at a atime

There are no step by step instructions anywhere. As a new member I can't get support which is why I have been on here for 7 almost hours! All day I have been trying to figure this out. What I have found out in 7 hours could have been achieved on the phone in a few of minutes.

I see my photos in Evernote on my ipad but nothing when log in on my PC yes I am synced.

Now you say I can use google photo but how?

I've had two members tell me Evernote is overkill or not viable when there is no other option. That is soooo annoying.

I'm so frustrated I could jump out of my window...even though I'm on the ground floor. It would still hurt less than this experience!

Ar you guys really intent on helping or just getting rid of me?

• Level 5*

OK - to use Google Photos.

Install the app and join this service - start here - https://support.google.com/photos#topic=6128818

Take a picture with your device camera,  or another app that delivers the correction you require.  Save to camera roll.

Google Photos will back up the pic from your phone automatically

Find the pic in Google Photos - send by email.

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK - to use Google Photos.

Install the app and join this service - start here - https://support.google.com/photos#topic=6128818

Take a picture with your device camera,  or another app that delivers the correction you require.  Save to camera roll.

Google Photos will back up the pic from your phone automatically

Find the pic in Google Photos - send by email.

Is there any software that can convert PDF files into jpegs? I dont want to email my pics to myself. Seems a long way about it. I need jpeg output so wondered if it might be easier to batch convert a multi page PDF file into seperate jpegs? Do you think that might work?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, JonoL said:

Is there any software that can convert PDF files into jpegs? I dont want to email my pics to myself. Seems a long way about it. I need jpeg output so wondered if it might be easier to batch convert a multi page PDF file into seperate jpegs? Do you think that might work?

It is possible to export a multi-page PDF file to JPG,  but you need to have a PDF editor app to do so. 

Have you seen the Scannable help pages?  Maybe they will guide you through.  Scannable is after all designed to help send scans by email too...

(Caveat:  I'm not sure how up to date the help pages are with the latest version of Scannable)

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Is there any software that can convert PDF files into jpegs?

Or better yet, use the settings in Scannable so jpegs are created

>>I dont want to email my pics to myself.

Scannable gives two choices:

1. Evernote Service
  2. Email

So they don't update the help pages & they expect you guys to do all the support. Thats not very nice of them is it. not the best way to attact customers. I read somewhere that it used to import as jpeg & pdf in bulk but they messed it up or changed it on an update. Im sure a PDF editor app would be easy to find. there are probably free apps that do the job. Any clues on how to up the resolution of the scans. They look great on my ipad but when viewed on my PC they look terrible.

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Or better yet, use the settings in Scannable so jpegs are created

>>I dont want to email my pics to myself.

Scannable gives two choices:

1. Evernote Service
  2. Email

But it is not possible to save multiple scans as jpegs unless you do it one by one. Scan save scan save scan save.. Multiple scans are saved a single PDF file.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, JonoL said:

But it is not possible to save multiple scans as jpegs unless you do it one by one.

I just scanned 5 pages automatically
With the Images setting, I got 5 jpeg files
With the PDF setting, I got 1 pdf file

I sent these scans via Email
I also saved these scans to the Evernote database

Here is a link to the scans as image files  https://www.evernote.com/l/AAoJxcyAysRD751rQYi56xBNpLvniUrE8yU

6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I just scanned 5 pages automatically
With the Images setting, I got 5 jpeg files
With the PDF setting, I got 1 pdf file

I sent these scans via Email
I also saved these scans to the Evernote database

Here is a link to the scans as image files  https://www.evernote.com/l/AAoJxcyAysRD751rQYi56xBNpLvniUrE8yU

I just scanned 5 pages automatically......by automatically do you mean on auto setting?
With the Images setting, I got 5 jpeg files........... just what I would like to do!
With the PDF setting, I got 1 pdf file............. Not for me

I sent these scans via Email.........not what I need to do but good to know.
I also saved these scans to the Evernote database........................how did you save them? Did you do all this on an iphone or an Ipad?

Can you please tell me how you did it...please? Step by step? Not today, tomorrow will be ok as I suspect you've had enogh of me for one day. I dont want to upset anyone when I'm so near a solution. Shame they don't provide any screenshots. It would make sense....but maybe not if they want us to subscribe.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, JonoL said:

I just scanned 5 pages automatically......by automatically do you mean on auto setting?

I used my iPad.  I have a stand, but I just held it above the papers.

1. Scannable recognized a document, aligned and trimmed etc and took the picture
  2. I swapped page 2;  Scannable recognized a document, aligned and trimmed etc and took the picture
  3. Repeat for each page

>>I also saved these scans to the Evernote database........................how did you save them?

You must have Scannable properly configured to access your Evernote account (userid/password)

After you scan, you're given two choices Save or Email

>>Did you do all this on an iphone or an Ipad?

I use both; I haven't noticed a difference in quality although my iPad has a better camera

Not sure what you mean by "I swapped page 2" is this a setting?

I have an Evernote use ID & password.

So "save" sends the scans to Evernote all in one go.

Not sure if it makes any difference but is your Ipad ios10 or later?

I'll have another go tomorrow.

Is there a setting to increase the DPI of the scans?

Thanks for all your help!

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Not sure what you mean by "I swapped page 2" is this a setting?

I  removed page 1 and replaced it with page 2
Scannable automatically focused on the page and took the picture

IMG_1676.PNG.7f4910f8e7532b571435842132e05cb4.PNGThis was a Capture setting Automatic or Manual

>> I have an Evernote use ID & password.

Thats a start; and I know you've installed the Scannable software on your iPad.
- access Settings and add your Evernote userid/password

Also install the Evernote software on your iPad and PC.  
This gives you access to your Evernote database

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, JonoL said:

Any clues on how to up the resolution of the scans.

There are no adjustment for resolution

I found this reference; http://help.thegrizzlylabs.com/article/94-what-is-the-resolution-in-dpi-of-the-scans

One hint is to fill your screen with the document image

I'm using the latest iPad baby pro, with up to date software.  The quality is adequate for me, and I posted a link to my sample

Archived