I have recently starting keeping meeting notes using my ipad and ipen to create "sketch" images of my hand-written notes. This is instead of using a physical book. I keep finding that when I look some time later (perhaps days), there is no content in my notebook and they are empty, no images, or any content at all.

Looking online in evernote.com the notes are also empty. They are lost on the ipad with no obvious way to recover them either.

Why is this happening and is there a way to look at why these notes didn't save? Currently I have empty notes from a bunch of meetings with actions that now I have no record of. Clearly unacceptable.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you creating these sketches in Evernote whilst you have an active network connection and syncing the result to the server?  If so there's no reason that I'm aware of for the content to be missing.  When you look on the web server,  do you see the note you created to hold the sketch?  Or is there no note at all?

We're (mainly) users in the Forum,  not Evernote staff. If you have lost data you should reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Thanks, yeah i'm a paying customer so thanks for that link.

I may or may not be on an active network so it's possibly not sync'd. But then it's also gone from the client at a later stage. 

I have a clue as to what might be happening, so i'm going to track it for a while. If I create a sketch and keep it open when i shut the tablet, rather than hitting "done" at the end of my note taking, I think that causes it not to be saved. i.e. it doesn't periodically save the sketch to the local persistant memory, so if Evernote is killed or the tablet rebooted without having hit "done" the note is lost. Thats's what I think might be going on.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem...if not hitting the "done" button, then all sketch will be gone.

I wonder has anyone sent out a bug fix / feature request? most, if not all, note taking / sketching app does not have such limitation.

Archived