Copying table from page to page

I am going through a language study for which I have created a separate page for each chapter. At the end of each lesson there is a list of new words to be leanrt which I include in a two-column list: Language-English.

I created a separate page which I called Vocabulary in which I intended to include the vocabulary table of each chapter thereby making a long vocab. list all on one page. So far I have been unable to copy the vocab. table from chap.1 and paste it into the Vocabulary page. Can someone please tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Tony Vella said:

So far I have been unable to copy the vocab. table from chap.1 and paste it into the Vocabulary page. Can someone please tell me how to do it?

The notes in Evernote don't have a page concept; how about creating separate notes

if you indicate your platform Win/Mac/IOS/...), you can get more specific answers.

On my Mac, I usually include the line before and after when selecting a table; or Command-A to select all contents

Note: I end up with separate tables.   Evernote doesn't have a merge table feature

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Tony Vella said:

By creating separate notes do you mean Vocabulary 1; Vocabulary 2; etc.?

I was thinking more where you said "I have created a separate page for each chapter"

I see no problem with a combined Volcabulary note

I am the OP of this thread and I have been thinking that perhaps I should pose my question in a more generic fashion. So here goes:
Within the same notebook, how does one copy a table in one note and paste it into another note?
Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tony Vella said:

I am the OP of this thread and I have been thinking that perhaps I should pose my question in a more generic fashion. So here goes:
Within the same notebook, how does one copy a table in one note and paste it into another note?
Thanks in advance.

Try highlighting all the cells in the table and then right click and copy.  Then paste into the new note.  

12 hours ago, csihilling said:

Try highlighting all the cells in the table and then right click and copy.  Then paste into the new note.  

This is the usual way I copy and paste (ctr+c & ctr+v) which works on everything from my Thunderbird to Word to LibreOffice, etc. Yet, for some reason, it just will not work with my copy and paste between notes in same Evernote notebook. I tried again this morning with Word open: the ctr+c works works fine; the ctr+v works in Word and in TB (an email to myself) but it simply will not paste into a second Evernote note. It's driving me nuts. Mind you, I am 73 and not the sharpest tool in the shed but copy&paste is not exactly brain surgery. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Tony Vella said:

This is the usual way I copy and paste (ctr+c & ctr+v) which works on everything from my Thunderbird to Word to LibreOffice, etc. Yet, for some reason, it just will not work with my copy and paste between notes in same Evernote notebook. I tried again this morning with Word open: the ctr+c works works fine; the ctr+v works in Word and in TB (an email to myself) but it simply will not paste into a second Evernote note. It's driving me nuts. Mind you, I am 73 and not the sharpest tool in the shed but copy&paste is not exactly brain surgery. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

That is weird.  Can you copy what you pasted into Word and then paste into EN?

Archived