Integration form G mail

Hi there

The manual of Evernote says we can integrate mail from Outlook. What about G mail? The manual  is silent about this matter.

if possible, how we can integrate it?

I would like to know whether possible or not.

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, omaruko said:

The manual of Evernote says we can integrate mail from Outlook.

Can you provide a link to the documentaion for the integration?  I'm not clear on what type of integration you're looking for

I'm using Apple mail; any integration I need is done manually

I found this reference https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997-How-to-use-Evernote-for-Outlook

Also, if you identify your Evernote and GMail platforms, you can get  more specific answers

• Level 5*

I use Outlook to check my Gmail (via IMAP) so I use the Outlook Clipper to collect mails (and attachments,  if any) drectly into Evernote,  or I forward them manually to my Evernote email address (subscribers only).  It's also possible to view Gmail online,  and on occasion I've used a web browser clipper to clip email content,  but not attachments.

I've also used IFTTT scripts to link Gmail into my Evernote account and forward emails with keywords,  or from specific addresses,  into a notebook.

Other applications will automate converting gmails into tasks or notes or calendar appointments,  or will set up Evernote reminders when required.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:02 AM, gazumped said:

I use Outlook to check my Gmail (via IMAP) so I use the Outlook Clipper to collect mails (and attachments,  if any) drectly into Evernote,  or I forward them manually to my Evernote email address (subscribers only).  It's also possible to view Gmail online,  and on occasion I've used a web browser clipper to clip email content,  but not attachments.

I've also used IFTTT scripts to link Gmail into my Evernote account and forward emails with keywords,  or from specific addresses,  into a notebook.

Other applications will automate converting gmails into tasks or notes or calendar appointments,  or will set up Evernote reminders when required.

Hi there -

I was in IT on the software side for many years, but we all know a lot changes.  i am not to proud to ask for help. So here i am.

I would really like more info on:

"I've also used IFTTT scripts to link Gmail into my Evernote account and forward emails with keywords,  or from specific addresses,  into a notebook.

Other applications will automate converting gmails into tasks or notes or calendar appointments,  or will set up Evernote reminders when required."

I am VERY new to EverNote - just trying to navigate the basics - but i would really like to integrate as much as i can.

Thanks!

w2t

On 2017/5/16 at 9:02 PM, gazumped said:

That is news to me.  I learned APP called Zapier as well.

I went over IFTTT by the internet, though, seems complicated.

If possible, I would like to know the difference between IFTTT and Zapier. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, omaruko said:

If possible, I would like to know the difference between IFTTT and Zapier. 

There may be a comparison on the web somewhere,  I couldn't compare the respective benefits of the apps for your use case - they're both broadly the same;  they connect two apps together,  and input to one app causes actions in another.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, waytootangled@gmail.com said:

I am VERY new to EverNote - just trying to navigate the basics - but i would really like to integrate as much as i can.

Hi @waytootangled@gmail.com - if that's your real username / address I'd recommend changing it if you can - this is a public forum and you're inviting spam each time it appears.  (And I didn't help there...sorry  ;))

Sorry too that I missed your post from my earlier reply.

Jamie Todd Rubin is the "daddy" (sorry JTR) of paperless automation and he's posted some ideas here.  You might want to check out his other posts.

Automating / Integrating with Evernote is a big subject,  and way outside the scope of a brief(ish) reply here.  I've posted a few quick hits from a web search for "ifttt zapier evernote" (without the quotes) which start to give you some idea of what's possible,  but as I suggested above there are several apps that will automate Evernote in different ways.  You might do better figuring out what you want to do,  and then looking for help and advice on how to do it,  rather than poring through a hundred predigested options looking for one that works for you:

https://zapier.com/zapbook/evernote/

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/12/08/ifttt-if-youd-like-to-automate-evernote-then-you-should-try-these/

Good luck with the search!

Don't forget also that while there's no actual mechanism within Evernote to automate operations,  your average device will be able to use third party software to capture keystrokes and (in some cases and if applicable) mouse movements, - see AutoHotKey,  Phrase Express and plain old MacOS scripting.

Archived