Notetaking in the field - Drawings, photos and notes

HPJacket

Greetings Evernoters,

First time posting.  Have used evernote for years - apparently somewhat ham-handedly given the slick applications folks here have come up with.

In the field, I often must assimilate data from: 1) drawings (could be detailed mechanical piping diagrams or a simple fire escape type floor plan), 2) field notes taken on paper or in evernote, and 3) photos.

Looking for suggestions for pulling this together from people who have the T-shirt (been there, done it...).  It would be particularly useful to link photos to locations on drawings or floor plans.  The best I have come up with is to create a table in evernote, stick pics in the left column and use fields to the right to insert notes and data. 

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-12 at 1:23 PM, HPJacket said:

The best I have come up with is to create a table in evernote, stick pics in the left column and use fields to the right to insert notes and data. 

I like the table approach

I also make use of the note link feature to tie notes together

• 2 months later...

For any field related items especially using plans such as mechanical or construction, PlanGrid is a good tool that you might want to look into. 

You can take a photo and assign it to a location on the plans and also make a note about that specific location. I use Evernote for everything but for marking the plans for that purpose, PlanGrid is a good supplementary software.

https://www.plangrid.com/

PS! I don't work for PlanGrid, I just tried to product for one of my construction projects.

Archived