Areas to imrpove in 8.2.1

Swemedia

Idea

I’ve been an Evernote user since 2009, and an active evangelist ever since. Now, the latest release has got a number of issues. I’m sure you put a lot of effort into the app, but I feel it’s an immature release. 

Syncing
Synking takes longer now than i previous versions. In previous versions of the iPhone app one could easily hide the keyboard to force sync. That was a convenient way of being sure not to lose anything. Now syncing seems to happen only when the note is closed, which increases the risk of conflicts and data loss. 

New notes
When writing a new note on the iPhone it seems like the syncing process first wants to download all the cloud changes, then upload the new note. The user experience from this is annoying, this takes much more time than in previous versions. 
Writing in the iOS app is very laggy and feels unstable. It’s not a responsive feeling at all, making writing cumbersome. 
It's sadly not the smooth experience I want it to be.

Searching
The new search function doesn’t give me the overview I want. It's hard to find what you're looking for as it keeps downloading images in the notes and you lose track of the scrolling as it keeps moving on it's own. 
Also, each search result takes up too much screen real estate, and the search takes too long.

I’m afraid this is not a mature product and I feel you are risking your customers patience here.

Please stop fixing things that was actually working well, and focus your development resources on the things that really need developing, such as simultaneous work in notes and a more stable and faster sync function. 

Please, Evernote is important to me, and I don't want to lose confidence in it. Thank you. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-12 at 0:29 PM, Swemedia said:

I’m afraid this is not a mature product

Version 8.2 indicates the second release for version 8
Certainly better than 8.0, but you could wait for a more mature release

>>Syncing takes longer now than in previous versions.

I haven't noticed an issue with syncing.  
I have background sync turned on so there is little activity when I'm using the ipad to create notes

I have the same issue with syncing. Syncing never seems to complete even after > 24 hours of leaving the app open and drawing wifi off a fibre line. Neither does notes downloading, which is broken for both iPhone and iPad. The vast majority of my notes are web clips, jpeg-rich and PDFs. I assume these problems may not be present for users using Evernote primarily for text. The 8.2.1 update has completely broken the app on iOS for me. 

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Vincent Wong said:

Syncing never seems to complete even after > 24 hours of leaving the app open

How much data are you syncing?  

By default, little data is maintained on the phone, and as I said for me  it's addressed in the background sync

Archived