REQUEST: Pin a Note

yesweremagicians

Idea

4 replies to this idea

20 hours ago, yesweremagicians said:

I'd like to see Evernote add the ability to pin a note to the top of the notebook. I often have to dig to look for the note I'm looking for, and it's usually the one that I use the most. Thoughts?

If you set a Reminder for it, it will jump to the top of the list. Will that work?

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, yesweremagicians said:

I often have to dig to look for the note I'm looking for, and it's usually the one that I use the most. 

You could use the Shortcuts section

I actually didn't want to clutter up this section so I have a tag (!Hot Notes); I added a shortcut to the tag

Other options are to fiddle with the title or dates so your note always sorts to the top of the list

• Level 5*

Yup.  Lots of different ways to make this happen,  and in some OS's (Windows) you can specify the sort order for a specific view,  so locking a suitably titled / tagged note to the top.

Like @DTLow I use a 'Followup' tag which has its style set to Red and Bold so it stands out in any list.

• Level 5*

I'm a fan, like others in this thread, of adding a saved search to the shortcuts and then tagging those super-key notes with a tag so with one click, all my most important/relevant notes are right there, on all platforms since shortcuts and saved searches sync across them.

Archived