Evernote keeps "migrating notes" one and again after last update

Hi

Since I have updated EN for Mac (through AppStore) time and again I got the message "migrating notes from previous version"; which takes some minutes of re-indexing notes... I don't understand this behaviour, how many times notes must migrate? 

Besides that, sometimes I can't launch EN desktop app: when I click on the app Icon on the Dock, the Icon "jumps" once, and then nothing happens.

I'd like to hear if you are experiencing similar issues and how you fixed them 

Pablo

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'd suggest you sign out of Evernote and restart your device.  If that doesn't fix the issue you might consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app which seems to be behaving oddly - I've not seen any other comments in the forums quite like this one.

Hi gazumped, thanks for your reply. I have tried several times restarting my computer, but always encountered the same problem: after a whiles, Evernote got stuck and performed the "migrating notes" process. I then uninstalled Evernote and re-installed it (this time, I installed the evernote.com version of the app; and not the one distributed through the AppStore, just to make sure it was not a problem of this version). But I am encountering the same problem, and even another worse: now the app just closes down without preovious warning, I am just getting an error message. If I try to re-launch de app afterwards, the icon "jumps" on the dock, but the app doesn't open. I have to restart my computer to reopen it. 

This is making impossible to work with an app that I had as one of my main working tools. I am using the web version for now, but I'd like to have this problem fixed asap, since I am paying a premium subscription.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, paulsnakes said:

I then uninstalled Evernote and re-installed it

You might try a clean reinstall; delete the app, database and associated files

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this

You then reinstall the app and the database is rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

You might try a clean reinstall; delete the app, database and associated files

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this

You then reinstall the app and the database is rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

Hi DTLow. thanks for your suggestion. I have just installed AppCleaner (Pro). I then launched it and wrote "evernote" in the search field of the app, to get all the content EN-related listed. But I was shocked when I saw the weight of it all: 36.5 GB! I looked at the desagregated list of items on the right window of the AppCleaner, and found that most of this weigth is divided between two folders: com.evernote.Evernote; within .../Library/Application Support (7,88 GB, that's what I expected the whole EN content to weight)  and another folder: com.evernote.Evernote placed into Library/Containers that weights 28.4 GB!!  (see "01 Screenshot..." attached image)

I opened it in Finder and found it to be populated with the folders "Desktop", Documents, Downloads, Library, Movies, Music and Pictures; most of them (all but Documents and Library) in what seems to be direct access to those folders.  (see "02 Screenshot..." attached image)

Interestingly, when I checked the weight of this "Container" folder, I saw it only was 215 MB, and not the 28.4 GB AppCleaner indicated (see "03 Screenshot..." attached image)

Now, I'd like to be sure I can safely grab the EN icon in the App Cleaner interface and Remove all the checked folders on the right... without deleting documents or files not belonging to EN.

01 Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 0.23.51 AM.png

02 Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 0.11.06 AM.png

03 Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 0.16.55 AM.png

Archived