Evernote for MAC and IOS

I have been using Evernote Plus for several years and it has operated flawlessly on my MacBook Air, my new MacBook Pro, my iPad Air and my iPhone 7+.  On May 1, I updated my Evernote Plus apps for IOS (Evernote version 8.2.1, IOS version 10.3.1) and I have been encountering notes that load very slowly, repeated crashes and, in the case of my iPad Air, complete failure of the app. Whenever I attmpt to load Evernote on the iPad, it struggles, then returns to the home screen.  On the MAC (latest MacBook Pro with Touchbar, 500GB SSD and 16 GB of memory, and running macOS Sierra 10.2.4), Evernote (version 6.11) is considerably slower than in the past. Just opening Evernote and selecting one of my notes to retrieve information yields the tell-tale whirling color wheel (up to 2-minutes).  Once the note loads, even a simple task like scrolling through the note yields the whee (for up to 2-minutes)l.  Has anyone discovered a solution(s) for these operational issues?  I really like Evernote and would prefer finding a workable solution than trying to find another notes app.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The only viable teching for mobile device apps seems to be to uninstall and restart,  then reinstall.  There are already some fixes for 6.11 in the pipeline

-and no doubt more will follow.  Meantime I'd suggest you reach out to Support direct if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - make a separate report for each device issue.  The more feedback the guys get,  the more likely things are to get fixed.

Update:  Performing some troubleshooting, I discovered that a simple note with about 15 printable pages of entries over several years, ballooned to more than 900-pages, with an almost endless loop of repeated entries in the file.  From the Mac, I printed the first 20 pages to a PDF file, converted the PDF to a Word file; deleted the corrupt Evernote file; and carefully copied and pasted entries from the Word file into two, separate notes in Evernote.  It worked like a charm.  Everything is stable on the MAC and my IOS platforms and I am having no stability issues.  I will no longer use a single note in Evernote to archive text, photos and other data that I need to access on all of my platforms, opting instead, for multiple notes with fewer entries.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Donstip said:

Update:  Performing some troubleshooting, I discovered that a simple note with about 15 printable pages of entries over several years, ballooned to more than 900-pages, with an almost endless loop of repeated entries in the file.  From the Mac, I printed the first 20 pages to a PDF file, converted the PDF to a Word file; deleted the corrupt Evernote file; and carefully copied and pasted entries from the Word file into two, separate notes in Evernote.  It worked like a charm.  Everything is stable on the MAC and my IOS platforms and I am having no stability issues.  I will no longer use a single note in Evernote to archive text, photos and other data that I need to access on all of my platforms, opting instead, for multiple notes with fewer entries.

Wouldn't guarantee it, but this may have been caused by conflicting note changes.  If this was the cause, best way to prevent in the future is to be sure and sync when you enter or leave an EN platform.

Archived