Evernote as extension?

Can Evernote be one of the extension on my Mac? Like Facebook, Note, Twitter etc? I wanted to add a picture from Photos to a note in Evernote, but cannot find the solution. If not, what is the smoothest way to add pictures to Evernote notes?

On 5/6/2017 at 4:35 AM, persod said:

Can Evernote be one of the extension on my Mac? Like Facebook, Note, Twitter etc? I wanted to add a picture from Photos to a note in Evernote, but cannot find the solution. If not, what is the smoothest way to add pictures to Evernote notes?

Hi @persod, welcome to the forums and thanks for reporting this. Our development team is aware of an issue where Evernote is no longer appearing as an option in the Share menu in macOS and are actively investigating a fix. 

For now, the quickest workaround to get your images from Photos would be to first drag them to your desktop, then into Evernote on your dock.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 6:25 AM, BSR said:

Hi @persod, welcome to the forums and thanks for reporting this. Our development team is aware of an issue where Evernote is no longer appearing as an option in the Share menu in macOS and are actively investigating a fix. 

For now, the quickest workaround to get your images from Photos would be to first drag them to your desktop, then into Evernote on your dock.

Any update on this?

14 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Any update on this?

It looks like the fix is scheduled to come out in the next few updates to Evernote Mac. I don't have any more details at the moment but will provide an update here as I receive them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 11:38 AM, BSR said:

It looks like the fix is scheduled to come out in the next few updates to Evernote Mac. I don't have any more details at the moment but will provide an update here as I receive them.

I forgot to check back in after I posted this. Updated to the current beta and it's there which is awesome. :) Can't wait for it to push to main build for other users. I see a lot of happy people in the near future. <3 

Thanks for the heads up @Sayre Ambrosio!

A quick update: So far any reports of this issue I've seen documented have been with the direct download version of the Evernote application (from our website). As a workaround for users that don't want to update to the beta, I have seen several users have success with uninstalling Evernote and reinstalling the Mac App Store version.

I hope that helps. Let me know if there are any questions in the meantime.

3 hours ago, BSR said:

Thanks for the heads up @Sayre Ambrosio!

A quick update: So far any reports of this issue I've seen documented have been with the direct download version of the Evernote application (from our website). As a workaround for users that don't want to update to the beta, I have seen several users have success with uninstalling Evernote and reinstalling the Mac App Store version.

I hope that helps. Let me know if there are any questions in the meantime.

That's good to know. 

Archived