Deeply level structure for Notebooks

Egor

Idea

Hey Supportteam,

I just every time ask my self, that it would be great to have deeply level structure for all notebooks, not just one level, as you have it now. Cause It help to make much better structure for any project .  What do u think about it? it is possible? 

i'm looking forward to hearing from you

Egor 

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There is only one level today. the "stack" you see is a visual illusion. That is why you cannot search by stack, share a stack, etc. It is simply a grouping mechanism. So to do true nested notebooks would be a change as big as your request for 251+ notebooks.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, EdH said:

That is why you cannot search by stack

Is that a Mac limitation?  Searching by stack works on the PC, and IOS I think.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Egor said:

I just every time ask my self, that it would be great to have deeply level structure for all notebooks, not just one level, as you have it now. Cause It help to make much better structure for any project .  What do u think about it? it is possible? 

i'm looking forward to hearing from you

Ww're just users here

For notebooks, there is an additional level using Stacks

Evernote is more tag-centric and have focused hierarchy there
It would be a big change to implement hierarchy in Notebooks; a database redesign and changes to the UI in each platform

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Is that a Mac limitation?  Searching by stack works on the PC, and IOS I think.

What is the search syntax? Stack:stackname does nothing for me.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, EdH said:

What is the search syntax? Stack:stackname does nothing for me.

Works for me - Mac/IOS

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Works for me - Mac/IOS

Interesting. When I use stack:StackName I get nothing, and Evernote doesn't a stack syntax documented that I can find.

Windows returns nothing.

iOS returns massive jibberish. It found notes in the search that I know for a fact are not in that stack, so I don't know what it is doing. I cannot test it on my Mac. It is at home.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, EdH said:

Interesting. When I use stack:StackName I get nothing, and Evernote doesn't a stack syntax documented that I can find.

Windows returns nothing.

iOS returns massive jibberish. It found notes in the search that I know for a fact are not in that stack, so I don't know what it is doing. I cannot test it on my Mac. It is at home.

Any spaces in the stack names?  Starting in All Notes context?

• Level 5*
On 5/3/2017 at 11:54 AM, csihilling said:

Any spaces in the stack names?  Starting in All Notes context?

This is working now. Not sure what was going on. I am sure totally unrelated, but my Win10 install became so corrupt last wednesday that it couldn't repair itself and instead decided the best course of action was a bare metal install by redownloading the Win10 image from the cloud. So, lost very very little data, but many many hours of time waiting, clicking, and reinstalling stuff.

The EN search syntax page doesn't show stack: as a valid search term though. :huh:

Archived