Date/time stamp on merged notes

shekala

Idea

Is it possible for merged notes to show a date stamp for each part of the merge at the point of the merger. Would be great to see the date in the grey bar created in all merged notes. 

Thanks

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
29 minutes ago, shekala said:

Is it possible for merged notes to show a date stamp for each part of the merge at the point of the merger. Would be great to see the date in the grey bar created in all merged notes. 

Thanks

I always start my notes with a title that begins with a date code yyyymmdd

So if I merge notes I will get a single note with date stamps at each point of merger. As long as the >Tools >Options are set as in this screen grab.

Evernote merge.png

Good idea, although I will never get into the habit of titling a note that way. Hopefully someone at Evernote monitors this and can simply add an option to the merge notes section you showed me for including the date time stamp. Doesn't make sense why they have the other options but not that. 

Thanks for responding!

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I'm a programmer, and it seems like it would be such an easy feature to implement, please please do it!!!

This request doesn't have much user support; only 2 votes.

My workaround is  to use scripting (Mac) to append the metadata to the bottom of the note contents.  This gets retained when the notes are merged.

Archived