Plus user Upgrade Button - Get Rid of It,

MacM

Idea

As  paying subscriber,   I have an issue with the upgrade button constantly appearing every time I sync.   

It is marketing spam, Get rid of that button,  

People downgraded from Premium to plus for a reason AND we won't be upgrading, 

I am really annoyed with Evernote lately, the ios Upgrade was a disaster coupled with price increases do not justify the functionality. 

Sort it out. 

14 replies to this idea

I agree! Why can't I remove the upgrade button? I remove it, but it comes back all the time. I AM a paying subscriber, stop bugging me about upgrading. I do not need premium, I am a Evernote plus subscriber. For non paying customers, do whatever you want, for those I could understand, but for us paying customers??

• Level 5*

I agree that constant nagging to upgrade from an already paying product is bad,  but I believe one of the developers already posted somewhere else "Marketing made me do it..."

If the frequency annoys you,  I do encourage everyone to vote here (I just did) as a way to grab Evernote's attention - and to reach out to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps.  The more feedback Evernote get,  the more likely the period between ads is to get a little longer...  and there's always the possibility that a bug is generating the nag more often than it's supposed to...although Evernote's guerilla marketing department seems to be pretty sure that everyone wishes to hear from them as often as possible!

This is so annoying! I was on the Premium account and downgraded to Plus for a reason. Now, I am noticing the Upgrade button on the Windows platform. I should NOT be reminded to Upgrade when I am already a paying user. This is something that Basic account should be dealing with, not paying. I also submitted support request.

Same situation here: downgraded from Premium to Plus.
Agree, this is really annoying, keeps appearing every 15 min and/or after every sync.
Worst thing is that it even has a different color- so really stands out.

There are so many things Evernote could improrve, for example if I work on an apop and the Windows Version, font changes. Or in a list there is an additional space. Etc 
Guys, if your biggest worry is about implementing an advertising feature to your paying customers, which you cannot switch off or get rid off, then you won't survive long..

I've been a premium customer for a few years and the only reason was to be able to search PDF files. I've since purchased FoxIt Phantom PDF which will search PDFs as well so I'm considering downgrading to the Plus level of EN. However, if this means I will be receiving advertising, I may just downgrade to the very, very, bottom of the barrel, low-life, bottom-feeder OneNote, and while it doesn't do very much, it doesn't do advertising even though it is free. I already have Office 365 as well as the full version of Office 2016 so dumping any advertising based application would not be a big job.

I'm not paying to see ads.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Oliver_ENf2013 said:

if your biggest worry is about implementing an advertising feature to your paying customers, which you cannot switch off or get rid off, then you won't survive long..

Not our choice,  honest - we're not support,  just a (mainly) user-driven forum (though Evernote developers do read these threads). 

You can contact Evernote directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

One of the devs - who also uses the product - suffers from the same problem,  but their answer was 'Marketing made me do it' - if you feel that the frequency of these reminders is just too much (and I'd class every 15 minutes as way too much!) then by all means raise it with the support team.  They may not be able to help,  but registering the level of concern this nagging causes may help to reduce it.

+1,000.

I'm a plus subscriber. The ads for Premium are really annoying and seem to get in my way a lot more recently.  There is the toolbar upgrade, there is the "hey you can search in this file" premium ad when I drag a file into a note, and there is the "woops I clicked the present menu and now I'm stuck in this dang upgrade now slideshow".  I'm sure there are more. Come on.

They want $8/mo for Premium?  I can get Netflix for that.

On 10/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, Traff said:

I just subscribed to plus and have the same problem. I've submitted a support ticket. this is so stupid. if it does not get resolved I am cancelling.

Did you submit a ticket. Did it go anywhere? I've requested a refund over this. No response yet. I'm willing to live with this spam for free, but not if I'm paying something alredy.

Archived