Solutions to memory problems

vaganto

Idea

Evernoters who like me have smartphones with small system memory, probably know about one of the Evernote's characteristics: for data storage it uses a system memory. Unfortunately when the number of notes is more than a few thousand, it makes using the app impossible. I have some ideas, which could help solve this problem:

1) web for Android (why is this feature still not implemented?);

2) a custom sync (I want just to upload notes from the phone, but I don't need to download all notes, maybe only the recent);

3) different apps, each of which performs one function of Evernote or several functions (for example, scaner + scan uploader).

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.

1. Evernote web for Android is irrelevant - the wildly different screen sizes from phones to tablets mean that a browser view would either be too cramped or a hopeless waste of space.  The Android app provides everything -and more- that the web UI could provide in a well designed layout.
  2. The Android doesn't download any notes by default;  it is possible to set individual notebooks as 'offline searchable' which means they are downloaded,  but that's an opt-IN choice.  Best advice is to use a separate notebook for notes required on the mobile device.
  3. Didn't understand a word of that,  but see 1) and 2) above....
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 4/29/2017 at 0:18 PM, vaganto said:

1) web for Android (why is this feature still not implemented?);

There is a way to access the web client in Android: your browser should have a way to request the evernote.com desktop site which will let you use the Evernote web client.

• Like 1