Upgrade for Business

Hello!

We are currently using free version of Evernote and were wondering what features exactly do the Premium and Business versions have.

In particular, we are interested in hot keys function. For example, I have 5 notebooks and 5 notes in each one of them. It would be great to have an opportunity to assign different hot keys to each note, like Shift + M + 1 for one, Shift + M + 2 to the other and so on. 

Could you please tell me whether you have such an option? Where do I find the information about it? 

Thank you. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user-supported forum,  not a direct line to the company.  For specific help you should contact Support on Twitter https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

This comparison page will show you differences between the various products,  but as a Premium user I'd advise you not to go for the business version unless you have several employees who will need daily access to a large body of notes.  Premium and Business are pretty much the same as far as general features go - Business has much more capacity and more security,  but that also involves more administration for someone to manage.  Apart from much lower data limits,  the free version is also pretty much the whole package,  so you could start setting up a new system in your current account and upgrade to the next level if and when you need to.

Which Evernote product is right for me?

It's not possible within Evernote to assign actual hot keys to individual notes,  although there are several apps in Android,  iOS, MacOS and Windows that will allow you to carry out an operation - like 'jump to this note',  or 'insert today's date and time' with a keypress or two.

It's also possible to assign shortcuts to notes,  and to save specific searches (even in your free version);  or to set up notebooks for Sales / Marketing / Orders etc (or whatever) to limit the number of notes viewed.

How to create shortcuts for frequently accessed notes, notebooks, and searches

This may help too - Tips for organizing notes, notebooks, and tags

Hi Anastasia,

If you put the notes, notebooks or saved searches in the shortcut area then you can jump to the first 9 shortcuts by pressing CMD + 1 to 9 on Mac and probably it will work on Windows by pressing CTRL + 1 to 9.

Archived