Jump to content
  • 211

Pin notes to the top of notebook


sjgmail

Idea

  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

For example if I want move up a note towards the top of the notebook stack manually. Is this possible?

I love the "create table of contents note" option - I think it is the best way to understand the content of a notebook and navigate that notebook efficiently.   I would like to be able to pin a note t

Please allow notes to be manually ordered rather than by creation date, name, etc. I want to be able to place my notes and notebooks wherever I want in whatever order I want; an order that makes the m

Posted Images

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hello.

In the "Sort by" option, can you please allow users to check the custom sort they want to use based on a drag and drop feature that allows rearranging based on your needs (a certain order) verses date only and title only?

For example, by clinking on the "SORT BY" icon you will have a third option to sort by two (for now) generic names that you can change, and that will allow for the drag and drop feature to create the order/precedence. 

Thanks 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 3/10/2020 at 11:37 AM, messynotes said:

In the "Sort by" option, can you please allow users to check the custom sort they want to use based on a drag and drop feature that allows rearranging based on your needs (a certain order) verses date only and title only?

Your post has been merged with the ongoing discussion for this request   
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

fwiw  Drag and drop is supported in the Shortcuts section 

>>For example, by clinking on the "SORT BY" icon you will have a third option to sort by two (for now) generic names that you can change, and that will allow for the drag and drop feature to create the order/precedence

It's an interesting idea.  Currently we only get a single custom search option    
This would require the storage of multiple sort indexes

My solution is to maintain master Table of Contents notes   1530094135_ScreenShot2020-03-11at10_33_36PM.png.375b8611671847b84066fecef665880b.png
I can adjust the order preference as required

The screenshot is my ToC note for a project

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

fwiw  Drag and drop is supported in the Shortcuts section 

And also in the Reminders section, at least using the native Windows and Android Evernote applications.

Link to post
  • 0

I know this is an old thread but it's still relevant. I really want to be able to pin notes to the top of a notebook so that the most important ones are easily seen. This is already a feature in Apple notes and makes it really hard to shift to Evernote. 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
17 hours ago, edpo said:

I know this is an old thread but it's still relevant. I really want to be able to pin notes to the top of a notebook so that the most important ones are easily seen. This is already a feature in Apple notes and makes it really hard to shift to Evernote. 

Hi.  As you may have seen from this lengthy thread,  it's not an option in Evernote,  although there are any number of work-arounds.  That doesn't seem likely to change.  In moving from one app to another there are always differences in how things work - up to you to decide whether the advantages outweigh the differences...

Link to post
  • 0

no response on this for ages. 

the only thing you can do, apart from nagging to Devs about it, is to keep updating a file you want 

and hope that others you are sharing with have their list sorted by updated files. 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Bienne said:

the only thing you can do, apart from nagging to Devs about it

You can indicate your support for this request using the vote button at the upper left corner of the discussion

>>keep updating a file you want and hope that others you are sharing with have their list sorted by updated files

Not sure what "file" you're updating   
To keep a note at the top of the sorted note list, you can adjust the note title and dates

Link to post
  • 0

I don't even require custom sorting at this point, it's been too many years. 

Just please think about keeping the sorting of notes as it is with one small change. Adding pin icon in the note. At the top of the list sort pinned notes, underneath sort the rest of them, leaving sorting mechanism as they are right now.

Edit: My workaround is to start notes with specific symbols (e.g. !,!!,?, !?,%..) and only after that title your note. Then, sort your notes by title asc/desc. 

This way you can kind of create your custom sorting mechanism

Link to post
  • 0

Seems like the idea of pinning a note to the top of a notebook or stack has been around for awhile. I'd love to see this happen. Any idea, when?

I currently have over 2000 notes in 5 or 6 stacks with 5-20 notebooks in each stack. Super powerful and helpful.

But I'd like one or two pinned notes at the top of each stack and one or two notes pinned to the top within each notebook.

Joe

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 5/10/2020 at 8:38 PM, joeboxer35 said:

Seems like the idea of pinning a note to the top of a notebook or stack has been around for awhile. I'd love to see this happen. Any idea, when?

I currently have over 2000 notes in 5 or 6 stacks with 5-20 notebooks in each stack. Super powerful and helpful.

But I'd like one or two pinned notes at the top of each stack and one or two notes pinned to the top within each notebook.

Joe

 

Evernote don't (usually) comment on whether or when any given feature might be released. In any event this is a -mainly- user-supported Forum so your guess is as good as anyone's. There are lots of work-arounds to create 'highlighted' notes with reminders, titles and dashboards. As yet,  there's no Evernote native method.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 5/10/2020 at 12:38 PM, joeboxer35 said:

But I'd like one or two pinned notes at the top of each stack and one or two notes pinned to the top within each notebook.

This option is not supported in Evernote   
We only get sort options for notes; date, title

Link to post
  • 0

Strong vote of support. Doesn't have to be a feature on every platform (as with font changing on some mobile) if devs are worried about screen sizes (and people who can't figure anything out) but it would be really good to have it on non-mobile and web (and I'm sure many people want it on mobile too -- either way it should respect the pins you made on any platform.)

Link to post
  • 0

Hello, 

I am a med student and I use evernote for school, I have notebooks with notes from some time ago and now I realize that those notes could be arranged in a much better fashion within the notebook in order to make studying and updating those notes in a more efficient way, the problem is that changing the dates of creation takes too much time, and the other sorting options do not work for me. Could a way to edit the note order within the notebook  be implemented? 

Link to post
  • 0

1. I wish there's a feature where you can Pin some of your important notes to the top, so they don't sink when you edit other notes;

i.e. my to do list will be on the top of ALL NOTES so I can easily edit it - no more need to search and find it

2. I wish there's a feature to high light - change the color of the background of the title of each note, so some of the frequent notes are more visually popping out - i think the current short cuts are not as useful as it is intended 

 

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, JQ7gysgfykgdsah said:

I wish there's a feature where you can Pin some of your important notes to the top

I merged your post with an existing request   
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

>>I wish there's a feature to high light - change the color of the background of the title of each note, so some of the frequent notes are more visually popping out - i think the current short cuts are not as useful as it is intended 

You might want to post this separately so that it can be better addressed as a request   
No colours, but you can insert emoji characters into the title 

Link to post
  • 0

I've found a lifesaver - the only way to make sure the key notes come to the top is by prefixing the titles, like this :

1. Main note
2. Sub-note 1
2. Sub-note 2
2. Sub-note 3
3. Sub-sub-note 1.1
3. Sub-sub-note 1.2
Etc.

Works brilliantly for me.  Recommended.

Link to post
  • 0

Just like Apple Notes, would like the  ability to Pin notes, so they stay at the top of the list. I have done some work arounds to create an Action Items folder, along with working with Tags. It causes me to jockey around to get the view I'm looking for, to keep my most important items at the top of the list.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
42 minutes ago, GCN said:

Just like Apple Notes, would like the  ability to Pin notes, so they stay at the top of the list.

I merged your post with an existing request for this feature    
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

Link to post
  • 0

I think it would be a good idea to be able to pin specific notes to the top of a specific notebook, so that the person does not have to scroll through all of their notes to find frequently edited notes.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*

You're allowed (I think) up to 100 saved shortcuts which would immediately jump you to those notes; any note can be set as a shortcut on the home screen - also the Android widgets include a large icon which can list notes with various optional settings.

Link to post
  • 0
  • Level 5*
On 8/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, Erik Fogth said:

I think it would be a good idea to be able to pin specific notes to the top of a specific notebook, so that the person does not have to scroll through all of their notes to find frequently edited notes.

Your post has been merged with the ongoing discussion fot this feature request     
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

My notes are displayed in creation date sequence
To pin specific notes, I adjust the note creation date

As per @gazumpd, the Shortcuts section gives me quick access to notes.   
I use a saved search based on tags

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...