Numbering notes pages

brettgavin1

Idea

I use Evernote to take notes and keep a record of all my meetings by handwritten notes on ipad pro (and previously Samsung note) as I am an exhaustive note taker. One problem I have is easily navigating between pages of notes. Would it be possible to assign a live page number to each section of a note that would easily allow navigation between notes. It would be especially useful to be able to easily flip from Page 1 to the end of the notes as I often pre-prepare a front page summary of the things I want to cover during the meeting but find it difficult as things go during the meeting to flip back and forward to remind me of all the things happening.

Thanks

Brett

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, brettgavin1 said:

...Would it be possible to assign a live page number to each section of a note that would easily allow navigation between notes.

I'm not seeing any sections or pages in a note; more like a web page that scrolls on and on.

Personally, when pagination is important; I use a word processor (Pages/Word) or Notability 

Another option is to split your note into separate notes.  The sub notes can be connected using a table of contents note

As I noted - I prefer to write rather than type. This option would be only for those who also write and take live notes - not type in a word processor. I agree that there are many ways to do this in typed text but it is also not really necessary in that scenario.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, brettgavin1 said:

As I noted - I prefer to write rather than type. This option would be only for those who also write and take live notes - not type in a word processor. I agree that there are many ways to do this in typed text but it is also not really necessary in that scenario.

I overlooked your writing comment.  

You might look at the Notabilty app for your iPad.  It has page sectioning 

Archived