I changed back to basic a year ago, now I can't sync old premium files

Hi there, I was a premium user for 3 or 4 years, and I made some files with big-ish attachments.

Then the price went up last year and I switched back to basic. No real problems since, until yesterday when I shifted a bunch old old unsorted notes, some made while premium, into a new notebook. I get a notice that they won't sync as I'm not a premium user.

I feel like I paid evernote handsomely at the time of these notes' creation and now they are holding my work hostage. What to do? I can't even email them about this without paying extra. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you saved a note that was over the maximum note size for your current subscription level,  you won't be able to edit the content.  Your information is still available to you - you can see the note and open/ download the attachments,  so the way to do something more with that content is to split it into smaller pieces,  reduce the file size of the attachments (lots of internet support for that if they're PDF files) or maybe save them on a cloud drive and save the link in your note.  Or you could upgrade to premium for a month to take care of your housekeeping,  then revert back once you're done.

Talking to support is still pretty easy (but can be slow) if you're a basic user - see the top of this page for more on Twitter contact,  or if you don't see the details reach out on https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived