Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0
toasterking

Automatic timestamp for checkboxes

Idea

When a checkbox is selected (checked off), automatically append text such as "(Completed 4/21/2017 19:09)" to the end of the line of text.

Share this post


Link to post

4 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, toasterking said:

When a checkbox is selected (checked off), automatically append text such as "(Completed 4/21/2017 19:09)" to the end of the line of text.

fwiw   I have the "Completed ..." scripted with a keyboard shortcut on my Mac.  I use it for the title when completing tasks

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

fwiw   I have the "Completed ..." scripted with a keyboard shortcut on my Mac 

That's great, but I use checkboxes while viewing my notes on macOS, Windows, Android, and Web, and it would be difficult to implement that macro and keep it consistent everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post

For Windows, Ctrl+; inserts the current time. It's not automatic, but it's easy...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jefito said:

For Windows, Ctrl+; inserts the current time. It's not automatic, but it's easy...

I was aware of that and use it daily, but thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...