auto formatting after USD

Front Row

Recently Evernote has been automatically formatting any text following the letters USD.  Let me explain.  If I enter EUR 1,000 - that is what gets entered.  GBP 1,000 - same thing.  Enter USD and Evernote automatically adds spaces (or a tab perhaps) so instead of "USD 1,000" the text becomes "USD        1,000".  This is very annoying and I cannot for the life of me figure out why, nor can I figure out how to shut this off.  (This happens only with the text "USD".  It doesn't happen when using the dollar symbol "$".

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Front Row said:

Recently Evernote has been automatically formatting any text following the letters USD.

Which platform? Win/Mac/IOS ....

My experience is that Evernote does not do automated entry such as this.
I do have keyboard shortcuts set up in the OS (Mac/IOS) so that text gets auto replaced

iOS is 10.3.1 and OS X is El Capitan 10.11.6

Good advice.  I had a keyboard shortcut that was usd = USD.  There didn't seem to be anything wrong with that but I deleted it and the probelm went away.  I then went back in and recreated the shortcut usd = USD.  The problem did not reappear.  It was either a glitch or more likely there was a hidden space or tab function in the existing shortcut.  Problem solved.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived