Change to unique underlined letters for keyboard navigation in date dropdown

Jaesam

Idea

Hello,

I use underlined letters for keyboard navigation in Windows and in Evernote for Windows.

Would you consider changing the underlined letter to unique letters in the Created/Updated date dropdown?

Currently, these are the following dropdown options, and the underlined letters (see image below):

• Show created date
  • Show updated date
  • Always show time of day
  • Set current date

The keyboard navigation for set current date is currently 'click dropdown' -> 'c' -> 'c' -> 'Enter'.

Please assign the c underline to only one dropdown option.  Perhaps change underline as 'Set current date' or 'Set current date' or similar.

2017-04-18_10-20-11.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

While the bug is being dealt with you might like to have a look at text expanders like Phrase Express - you can create your own series of keystrokes to be activated by a key combination - even design search queries which prompt for keywords.

• Level 5*

Hmmm.  Since you have to mouse to the drop down, I don't know if PhraseExpress would be of use unless you created a mouse positional shortcut, which would mean you might not use the underlined letters anyway.  (I created positional hotkeys for reminder creation maintenance, another mouse click required activity).  That being said, one shouldn't have the same jump to letter in a drop-down.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, csihilling said:

one shouldn't have the same jump to letter in a drop-down

Agreed - haven't pushed PE into a full macro yet,  but I did think that it would record keystrokes and mouse actions.  I could easily be wrong.  Just pointing out a possible route to some short term sticky tape.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Agreed - haven't pushed PE into a full macro yet,  but I did think that it would record keystrokes and mouse actions.  I could easily be wrong.  Just pointing out a possible route to some short term sticky tape.

I think the mouse recorder is a beta thing.  I have used the mouse position feature per the above.  Works well for not natively keystroke available functions, like reminders or create/update dates or show me all notes with these tags.  FWIW.  

Archived