How do you search for the hash # symbol?

EdH

• Level 5*

I have some notes on M Language, and there are some functions like #date() and #duration() that I am having trouble searching for. Searching #date returns everything with "date" in it, and searching for "#date" still returns everything with "date" in it, with or without the # symbol. 

• Level 5*

Yes,  '#' is one of those non-alphanumeric characters that Evernote's search syntax doesn't recognize.  I had similar problems trying to deal with twitter hashtags which use that format.  The only non-alphanumeric character that Evernote Search does recognize (AFAIK) is the underline.  What I did was to add the underline to the word so the format was #_date and then when I wanted to search for and use a string of tags I would isolate the note and do a find and replace (possible in WIndows notes...) to delete all underlines...

• Level 5*

I can find no way to work with Evernote's search limitation on special characters

My solution is to work outside of Evernote for these searches
I maintain a backup of my notes in the Apple File system, using the export>html feature.  I can do my searches there

58f641050226e_ScreenShot2017-04-18at9_38_01AM.thumb.png.759034164ffefee69d5b56bc7907c711.png

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Yes,  '#' is one of those non-alphanumeric characters that Evernote's search syntax doesn't recognize.  I had similar problems trying to deal with twitter hashtags which use that format.  The only non-alphanumeric character that Evernote Search does recognize (AFAIK) is the underline.  What I did was to add the underline to the word so the format was #_date and then when I wanted to search for and use a string of tags I would isolate the note and do a find and replace (possible in WIndows notes...) to delete all underlines...

That doesn't do any good. Messes up formulas and functions.

• 1 year later...

Archived