Feature: Add fuzzy search functionality in adding tag field

bpoelmans

Idea

Hi,

I'm a big fan of the Evernote software and I use it a lot with the web clipper. One of the best feature is tagging. However there are some differences in adding tags.

In web clipper: It makes use of fuzzy search
In desktop search: Makes also use of fuzzy search
In desktop adding: Need to type all the way from the beginning.

What I think would be very nice is having fuzzy search also in adding tag field.
Then I'm able to work quicker with just shortcut keys and it is more consistent in total. (F3 -> type 2 characters for the specific label and probably have it already selectable in a drop down)

Thanks.

Bart

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 8:26 AM, bpoelmans said:

Hi,

I'm a big fan of the Evernote software and I use it a lot with the web clipper. One of the best feature is tagging. However there are some differences in adding tags.

What I think would be very nice is having fuzzy search also in adding tag field.
Then I'm able to work quicker with just shortcut keys and it is more consistent in total. (F3 -> type 2 characters for the specific label and probably have it already selectable in a drop down)

Thanks.

Bart

I agree!

The workaround, which is not as fast, is to use Ctrl+Q and then drag-and-drop the tag anywhere in the note.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:26 AM, bpoelmans said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Bart

I totally agree!

I'm now using Alt+Shift+T to search for the TAG in the Tag Picker and then I drag & drop the Tag into my Note!

On 4/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, bpoelmans said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Bart

An additional workaround is to begin by typing '%' as you add your tag. It makes whatever is typed after it a fuzzy search, but for some reason the desktop app does not allow you to add the tags you find (by clicking it in the dropdown or pressing the enter key) unless you backspace and retype it properly. Cumbersome, but less dependent on keyboard shortcuts!

On 4/21/2017 at 11:48 PM, Gorkycreator said:

An additional workaround is to begin by typing '%' as you add your tag. It makes whatever is typed after it a fuzzy search, but for some reason the desktop app does not allow you to add the tags you find (by clicking it in the dropdown or pressing the enter key) unless you backspace and retype it properly. Cumbersome, but less dependent on keyboard shortcuts!

This does not for for me. 

Damn.. Fuzzy search should just work.. How come it is not implemented already? Really annoying.