Create an Outlook Task from Evernote

I'd like to be able to be able to annotate a sentence in Evernote as a task and have that task automatically appear in MS Outlook.  I don't care that much about how it is annotated although it would be nice if it was tied to a keyboard shortcut (ie. keyboard shortcut to add a check box before a sentence would result in that task also appearing in MS Outlook).  I use MS Outlook to track my tasks, but Evernote for notes.  I had been a OneNote user, but felt it was too structured for me.  

I tried a trial of TaskClone, but was only able to get tasks to be consolidated into a Evernote note and was unable to get it integrated to Outlook?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  

Thanks,

Dan

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Dan Walles said:

I'd like to be able to be able to annotate a sentence in Evernote as a task and have that task automatically appear in MS Outlook.

Which platform? Win/Mac ...

This could be scripted on a Mac

Hi Guru - Thanks for the response.  I'm running on a Windows laptop. Windows 7 Professiona, Service Pack 1.

Any alternatives for a windows machine or other products like TaskClone  that might enable this?

Thanks again for the response.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your basic request was -

On 12/04/2017 at 11:21 PM, Dan Walles said:

I'd like to be able to be able to annotate a sentence in Evernote as a task and have that task automatically appear in MS Outlook

- and within Evernote I don't see how that's possible.  You might prompt an action by moving a note to a specific notebook,  or adding a tag or a title word,  but one or more possible links from one note doesn't sound feasible.  You would need to look at those integration apps which have both an Evernote and Outlook interface.  This rather helpful item from Taskclone may help - https://taskclone.com/blog/10-best-task-apps-with-evernote-integration/

Are you using Outlook as in the installed MS Office version?  Which year?  (2007/10/13)  - Or Outlook.com / 365 etc.

Thanks, gazumped.  I had tried TaskClone, but they do not have an Outlook integration to enable the desired behavior and indicated that Outlook is "closed" in terms of this option.  I am using the MS Office version of Outlook 2010.  

Perhaps I need to review a third party purpose built task application.  Is that how EN users typically manage tasks or the intended EN usage model?

• Level 5*

Can't speak for the majority - most of the 'Gurii' (??) around here seem to use a task management tool other than Outlook.  I use TickTick forinstance - plus mindmaps,  scraps of paper and a printed calendar for the current month.  (I think the technical term is 'old school' -or possibly 'paranoid'...)

Evernote is where I keep documents and details,  and I copy the note links into my task entry so I can get back to the detail when the task pops up.

I'm mainly in charge of me however - and a few unruly clients - so there's not a huge amount of collaboration or supervision going on.

Evernote,  as far as I know,  doesn't have an opinion - they're happy to be a data repository,  serving up the necessary facts when required.

You'll get more opinions on this thread in due course...  ;)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, dwalles said:

Perhaps I need to review a third party purpose built task application.  Is that how EN users typically manage tasks or the intended EN usage model?

For sure, dedicated task/project apps will give you more options

I find Evernote adequate for my task needs.
I sync my reminders to the calendar app

What task features are you looking for?