undo autocorrect for specific words

chuckepstein-1

Idea

When I use autocorrect to take notes on a meeting, I touch type, so I can look at the people I'm speaking with or follow a presentation.  Then, when i look at what I have typed, I find that Evernote has autocorrected my spelling (which is appropriate).  Since I work in a technical field alot of what I typed (correctly) has been autocorrected to the wrong word that Evernote has guessed at (incorrectly).  I would like to be able to hover over the wrongly corrected words, right click, and have a choice to "reverse the autocorrection" for that particular word.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Have you looked at text expander products like Phrase Express?  You might be able to get around spell checking completely by having special codes for technical words to instantly generate the correct one,  spelled appropriately.  EN could 'autocorrect' (via that app) to EverNote forinstance.

There's no current function like the one you request and unless Evernote has already decided to take note of the situation and do something about it,  any response to your request today is not likely to see release for months  or years.  Meantime you presumably need to find a way around this.

This guy found a way to remove words from the dictionary - I wonder what adding your technical words would do to the system??

• Level 5*

A workaround would be to add your technical words to the EN dictionary.  Though my EN for Windows does not auto correct, what's up with that?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, csihilling said:

A workaround would be to add your technical words to the EN dictionary.  Though my EN for Windows does not auto correct, what's up with that?

Didn't think about that - mine doesn't either;  just typed three 'almost' correct words and got a red underline in each case - on my system I can right click that to add the word to the dictionary,  ignore the error,  or choose the correct spelling.  The last option does autocorrect the word but only on my choice.  Odd.  Maybe there's some other spellcheck software running?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Didn't think about that - mine doesn't either;  just typed three 'almost' correct words and got a red underline in each case - on my system I can right click that to add the word to the dictionary,  ignore the error,  or choose the correct spelling.  The last option does autocorrect the word but only on my choice.  Odd.  Maybe there's some other spellcheck software running?

Windows web EN?  Didn't check there, out and about at the moment.  

EDIT:  Nope, no autofix on the web version either.

Edited by csihilling
  • Like 1