Listing Evernote as a printer in Windows

Evernote allows me to clip emails and web pages, but what about tables and graphs generated by other apps?  I do a lot of tables and graphs that I'd like to save in Evernote. The only options re (a) print to PDF, then post the PDF to Evernote, or (b) screen grab the output to a jpg file and post that in Evernote. 

I normally use the generic Windows print option.  It lists several printers--pdf, the hardware printer, etc.  Today i noticed that one of the printing options was to print it to OneNote!    If OneNote  has made itself a printing option, why can't Evernote? 

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, marynottom@gmail.com said:

The only options re (a) print to PDF, then post the PDF to Evernote, or (b) screen grab the output to a jpg file and post that in Evernote. 

Copy / paste often works.

Or if you can export to PDF, then you can do it to an Evernote import folder (Tools / Import Folders...) and have it go straight into Evernote.

19 hours ago, marynottom@gmail.com said:

If OneNote  has made itself a printing option, why can't Evernote?

They could but they haven't, but you could also print to PDF with a destination of an Evernote import folder.

• 8 months later...

I also am looking for this feature.  OneNote provides it; Adobe Acrobat provides it.  Why doesn't Evernote??

This would be a great feature to have, that will safe a ton of time, and making adding various documents to Evernote much easier.

There are times where the web clipper does not do the right things, and clipping is a hassle.  Printing to a 'send to evernote' printer would solve that issue.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, stevefuzzy said:

There are times where the web clipper does not do the right things, and clipping is a hassle.  Printing to a 'send to evernote' printer would solve that issue.

How would this be different? Evernote software still would need to translate the web page into Evernote's ENML format...

Archived