Archived Notebooks

KKellyMSU

Idea

I recently changed jobs within the same organization. I would love to have an easy way to "archive" old notes so that they are still available within Evernote, but can be excluded from search and navigation menus if I wish. This would help me streamline my notebooks and tags lists.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, KKellyMSU said:

an easy way to "archive" old notes so that they are still available within Evernote, but can be excluded from search and navigation menus if I wish. 

There are various posts discussing archiving solutions

My archiving solution is to use a tag (!Archive) and exclude these notes from searches using    
-tag:!Archive

If I'm no longer using a tag, I prefix it with x
This doesn't hide it but moves it to the bottom of the list

Notebooks can also be prefixed with x, and moved to an xArchive stack

I also recently changed jobs, and have about 10 notebook stacks from my old job, all filled with notebooks and notes that I need to keep. However, I don't want to view all these stacks on my Evernote home page. I've read threads about using an archive tag, but that applies more to searching. I want a cleaner "look" so that all the old stacks are not visible. Or, at the least, it would be nice to have more than 3 organization levels, so that a group of stacks could be put into one "mega-stack" and take up less real estate on the home page.

I would also like this feature natively in evernote.

I have seen the workarounds, but to be able for notes/notebooks to be not visible and don't populate in search unless specifically asking for archived notes.

Gmail is a good example of how an archiving solution could work.

An archive function would be very helpful!! It can show up as Archive in the left bar showing 'Notebooks, Tags, Trash'. When you open it you can see your archived notes shown in notebooks. With drag and drop you can move a certain note to the archive.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, WimN said:

It can show up as Archive in the left bar showing 'Notebooks, Tags, Trash'. When you open it you can see your archived notes shown in notebooks. With drag and drop you can move a certain note to the archive.

You shifted the discussion from archiving Notebooks to archiving Notes
My recommendation is to apply an Archive tag to the note
You can have the tag in the shortcut section, and drag the note

Archived