Evernote basic is installed on my HP Laptop and my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. For the past several days, the Evernote on my phone is requesting my to open an account. All my notes (317)and notebooks are gone. I was in a panic and after reading some online post about Evernote I found them online. How do I get this back on my phone?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, SFunk said:

For the past several days, the Evernote on my phone is requesting my to open an account. All my notes (317)and notebooks are gone. I was in a panic and after reading some online post about Evernote I found them online. How do I get this back on my phone?

Evernote maintains very little data on the phone.  The data is accessed from the servers via the internet.

You need to enter the correct userid/password to access your data

I presume that you have the Evernote Android application installed on your Samsung phone.

It sounds like Evernote was presenting you with an option to either create a new account, or login. Since you cannot see your pre-existing notes or notebooks it sounds to me like you created a new account by mistake, rather than logging into your existing account.

Log out of Evernote, then click the "login" button or link. Enter the username/password for your older account. You will see your notes and notebooks.

I do have the Evernote App on my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and have had it for several years now. I believe it said I have 317 notes. I use it frequently.  Few days ago when I went to make a note the whole site had changed. All my notes/notebooks were gone, except online.  Prompting me to open an account. I do not think I did anything, but anything is possible.  On my phone now seems to be a new account. I typed one note to see what happens, that's all that is showing. I see no way to log out and log in again on phone. How do I get back to the other "account" (the way it was)  and get my notes back on my phone? It would be ok if they remain saved at Evernote in the online account, if there is no way back. Evernote is a great product and helps me keep track of many, many things in my life. LOL...I need it now! Ready to make a note!

Hello @Sonya Funk,

In order to see your previous notes, you will want to log out of the Evernote account in the application on your phone.

To do this, please do the following:

- Open the Evernote application for Android.
 - Select the three lines in the top left corner of the Evernote application.
 - Tap on your name/email address at the top and then choose "Sign Out" at the bottom of the page.
 - Once signed out, please log into your previous account and allow the Evernote application to sync.

Hope this helps.

Archived