Screenshot into an existing note

Is it possible to add a screenshot to an existing note?  I figured out how to take a screenshot and have it added to a new note.  I want to add 2 screenshots to the same note but can't figure out how.  Is this possible?

Thanks 

Jeannine 

• Level 5*
On 2017-04-02 at 3:40 PM, Teach724 said:

Is it possible to add a screenshot to an existing note?  I figured out how to take a screenshot and have it added to a new note.  I want to add 2 screenshots to the same note but can't figure out how.  Is this possible?

The process is device specific - what device/platform do you use58e40841dae71_ScreenShot2017-04-04at1_55_02PM.png.8fdc4e3147c017534b0aa3596a82c22c.png

On my Mac, I can just right click where I want to insert a screenshot

I also grab screenshots, saved to my desktop or Evernote Helper
I can just drag them into a note 

• Level 5*

In Windows I can either merge the original note with my new screen shot note,  or I can take a screen shot to the desktop and treat the file like any other image and drag it to the original note anywhere I choose.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

or I can take a screen shot to the desktop and treat the file like any other image and drag it to the original note anywhere I choose.

Or I can take a screen shot to the clipboard (Win+Shift+S to activate the screen clipper, then hold down the Ctrl key while dragging to choose the Clipboard destination), and Ctrl+V to paste it into the current note at the current cursor location.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, jefito said:

Or I can take a screen shot to the clipboard (Win+Shift+S to activate the screen clipper, then hold down the Ctrl key while dragging to choose the Clipboard destination), and Ctrl+V to paste it into the current note at the current cursor location.

Win+Shift+S does nothing when I try it. And I don't see it listed here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807

Is this a custom shortcut? If not, what's the context in which you're using it? Globally in Windows or with EN Windows app active?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I believe that's the screencap default shortcut from Tools > Options > Shortcuts - I changed my key combination because of conflicts.  It only works when Evernote is running.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, tavor said:

Win+Shift+S does nothing when I try it.

In addition to what gaz said, right click on the Evernote notification icon, and look for the Clip Screenshot entry.

Pre Win 10, the default was Win+PrtScn, but with Win 10, Windows has taken over that combination, so Evernote switched the default to Win+Shift+S.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
29 minutes ago, jefito said:

In addition to what gaz said, right click on the Evernote notification icon, and look for the Clip Screenshot entry.

Pre Win 10, the default was Win+PrtScn, but with Win 10, Windows has taken over that combination, so Evernote switched the default to Win+Shift+S.

Ah that explains it. I'm on Win 7.

• 1 year later...

In Mac 7.5 the "Capture Selection from Screen" appears to be missing from the right-click menu within a note (see below). I can't find it anywhere else. I use it all the time so this is a bummer. Clicking "Import Image" freezes Evernote for me. Does anyone know if "Capture Selection from Screen" has been moved? Thanks.

screenshot_97.png

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, d1234abc said:

In Mac 7.5 the "Capture Selection from Screen" appears to be missing from the right-click menu within a note (see below). I can't find it anywhere else. I use it all the time so this is a bummer. Clicking "Import Image" freezes Evernote for me. Anyone else?

You might check the settings in Apple > System Preferences878151486_ScreenShot2018-09-26at08_14_15.png.9ee0c84a548e875e6e4be73986cc4c44.png

• 1 month later...
  • Evernote Staff

I just checked our bug backlog and this issue was reported by our internal testers. Unfortunately, It appears there was a change in Mojave that broke the functionality, so it was removed. I don't have information on whether another option will be implemented.

Saving screenshots for using them in other programs seems to be a real hassle in Evernote (Windows version):

Step 1:  Right click on Evernote icon to start "Clip Screenshot"

Step 2:  Click and drag to clip a portion of the screen

Step 3: Evernote opens the screenclip in an annotation window (which i don't need every time)

Step 4: Click on X to close the annotation window

Step 5: Open Evernote and navigate to Inbox folder

Step 6: Open screenclip note

Step 7: Right click on screenclip to save it on my desktop

Why are so many steps needed when using Evernote's screen capture tool?

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, akrde said:

Saving screenshots for using them in other programs seems to be a real hassle in Evernote (Windows version):

Step 1:  Right click on Evernote icon to start "Clip Screenshot"

Step 2:  Click and drag to clip a portion of the screen

Step 3: Evernote opens the screenclip in an annotation window (which i don't need every time)

Step 4: Click on X to close the annotation window

Step 5: Open Evernote and navigate to Inbox folder

Step 6: Open screenclip note

Step 7: Right click on screenclip to save it on my desktop

Why are so many steps needed when using Evernote's screen capture tool?

Not related to the original topic. However: Tools / Options / Clipping : uncheck "Launch Annotate after screenshots"

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, akrde said:

Wow, thank you and sorry for my off topic question.

You're welcome, and no problem. Better to have a good answer for an accidentally off-topic post than to have no answer at all. Cheers.